A couple more trips to the Plantation = silver, an IHC, and some other cook stuff.

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been able to get out to the plantation permission a couple of times last week. Dug up some pretty interesting stuff.
You just never can figure out just where something cool will find it's way under the coil here.

For Example, I found this: Untitled.jpg

Here! IMG_20200407_122737276_HDR.jpg
Middle of no-where, but that no-where used to be a pine forest, harvested first for the tree sap to make turpentine, then for the wood. Followed by years of orange grove, then fields of water melon and other crops. And before any of that, who knows what else, because archeologists have found artifacts on this property dating back over 3000 years! Sure would like to dig something that old up in one of these thousands of holes I've been digging metal out of........:laughing7:

So here are my finds from the two trips out hunting:
IMG_20200408_202129631_HDR.jpg IMG_20200412_122922298.jpg

Included is this, which was identified in the "What is it" forum, as a Seated Liberty Dime dating between 1860 - 1875:
IMG_20200410_164249948.jpg IMG_20200410_164335691.jpg IMG_20200410_164500890.jpg comparison.jpg (three labeled coins are sample images)

This old padlock, that started falling apart in the electrolysis bath:
IMG_20200412_120005784_HDR.jpg I have not been able to identify what the initials on the brass key hole cover stand for yet.

This old brass ID tag with multiple patent dates stamped into it: IMG_20200408_080426698_HDR.jpg
The first date is clearly from 184* something

And a couple of nice brass belt buckles, shot-shell bases from between 1896-1906, a really
cool & appearing to be very old brass and copper Jewelers loupe:
IMG_20200412_170815139.jpg

Going back for more now.............. Until next post.................

ps: I sure hope the administrators figure out what the heck is wrong with the "post inline photo" system! This post took me
1-1/2 hours, finally having to upload photos to thumbnails, then manually inserting them into the body of the text where I wanted them to go, all after having to change from standard editor to advanced in the general settings. Sheese, what a pain in the #$$.

Last edited:
Upvote 10
OP
OP
CCDAMEEK

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I like those coins.

With the multi image of the 4 dimes, only the worn one is what was found. The other three were pulled from the NGC coin site to compare the remnants of the found coin to try to determine the years.

The Indian Head Cent is the same coin, two photos as found, and two photos after I get it cleaned up (as I prefer).

Thanks for looking!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, you're relentless over there.. diggin the loupe too!

OP
OP
CCDAMEEK

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, you're relentless over there.. diggin the loupe too!

Dick, I found the loupe down near where you found that 1917 dime. If you remember just east of where you found that, there was a wooden survey stake laying on the ground and I stood it back up but I detected to it, but not to the south side around it. 1' south of the stake is where that came out of the ground! It was caked with sand and would not open.
After getting it home and starting to clean it up, I started getting it to pivot open, and then SNAP! The loupe ring snapped off the stem! The good news was that the glass was intact.
After getting the thing completely cleaned, and polishing the glass with a really fine rubbing compound, I was able to solder the loupe ring back to the stem, and it looks just like it should! And the glass lens is crystal clear. Better than any other loupe I have!!

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Chip, I'm watching that front. Should have gone today. I'll check later today and maybe make a decision on when I'll try to get back over there. I want to get back to the same spot I spent all day in the last time. It's something when you can spend most of the day in a 50' x 50' area and never run out of targets. Except for a short loop around where you were, most of the things I located were near where I think the trading post/company store might have been. Love that place!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the very productive hunt, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
CCDAMEEK

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet job on that Seated dime!!

Thanks washingtonian, but I've got to give the credit to member Arkansawyer for bringing my attention to the reverse side of a barber dime. Once I started comparing, the difference in the "D" from the years 1860-1875 seated stood out. Heck, I couldn't make the barely visible letters out, UNTIL I turned it upside down from my original photos like Arkansawyer suggested!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread