A couple of firsts for me including some Big Silver and an eye "popping" find!!

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of firsts for me including some Big Silver and an eye "popping" find!!

So MtWolf and I hit a spot in our older section of downtown that we had been over at least 5 or 6 times with my Etrac and his SE Pro. In the past I had gotten an SLQ and a Merc or two along with several older wheats. The hunt began with me finding a 1917 Wheatie. Then just a couple of minutes later MtWolf got the first of 2 Silver quarters. So the hunt was a success already. And then it happened, today I found something I had only seen on the forums before, and I never thought I would find one, I got a 12-42 signal showing 6" deep. I dug a plug thinking it may be another wheat and then I saw a round object with a protrusion on it lying in the spoil pile. I picked it up and looked at it and saw it looking back at me, a popout coin/watch fob!! I could not believe it. I don't know yet what the coin is so if anyone has an educated guess feel free to chime in. That pretty much wrapped the first spot. Then we went to an old house which we had obtained permission to hunt and MtWolf started his crap again by pulling a 1942 Merc on his first signal!! I found some clad for what seemed like an eternity then I got a good 12-43/44 signal showing 5". I dug into the rock hard ground and actually flipped out a large silver disk. I picked it up and saw Ben Franklin!! This was only my second Half dollar ever, the first was a 1942 Walker I got a few years ago, this was my first Franklin Half however, a 1958D!! I was elated. Just a few minutes later and a few feet away I got another 12-44 and this one turned out to be a heart shaped pendant .925! Found a couple of wheats and some more clad to round out the day. Oh yeah in the first place I also found a 1966 Canadian Cent which was pretty cool too. So we ended the day with 6 silvers, and 2 firsts for me, an awesome Silver Sunday!! Thanks for looking and days like today are what makes it all worth it for me!!! HH and I love my CTX3030!!!!

Attachments

• 100_1314.JPG
    100_1314.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 156
  • 100_1320.JPG
    100_1320.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 150
  • 100_1323.JPG
    100_1323.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 165
  • 100_1327.JPG
    100_1327.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 153
Upvote 6

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if the fob is an actual coin, we'll need some better pics (front and back) to identify it. that's an awesome find! I love old Ben too. :icon_thumleft:

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds.:icon_thumleft:

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on finding ole Ben............Cool finds all the way around................HH

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if the fob is an actual coin, we'll need some better pics (front and back) to identify it. that's an awesome find! I love old Ben too. :icon_thumleft:

Yeah... turn her around slowly...slower..., slower...,perfect.
Seen them posted, but still on my wish list.
I've also seen them made from real barber quarters, as well as copies.
Ya dun good!
Carl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread