A couple of more questions

JimK

Aug 19, 2009
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
My wife and I found these items last weekend at the site of a civil war camp. I posted them as part of my "todays finds" post but did not get much feed back on them. I was hoping that someone here might give me a clue about them. The fist piece is made of brass and I have no idea what it went to though it seems that I have seen it before. And the other is a bullet, it would be a pistol or small caliber long gun bullet but does any one know more about it than that? It has no grooves like most of the pistol bullets that we have found and is slightly larger than the .44 colts. I also included a couple of group shots of the finds for scale (such as they are). If you have any info on any of the other items that we found please let me know. We are just learning about this stuff.
Thanks for any information that you might give.

JimK

Attachments

• IMAG1351.jpg
    IMAG1351.jpg
    540.5 KB · Views: 174
  • IMAG1356.jpg
    IMAG1356.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 172
  • IMAG1342.jpg
    IMAG1342.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 154
  • IMAG1343.jpg
    IMAG1343.jpg
    346.6 KB · Views: 150
Upvote 0

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bullet looks like a Sharps carbine. Try posting this in the "What Is It" forum. But, folks will ask for precise measurements to help correctly ID it. You have some nice finds there and some of the other bullets are interesting as well.

OP
OP
JimK

JimK

Aug 19, 2009
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bullet looks like a Sharps carbine. Try posting this in the "What Is It" forum. But, folks will ask for precise measurements to help correctly ID it. You have some nice finds there and some of the other bullets are interesting as well.

Thanks for the reply. I need to get some calipers this weekend I guess foir those measurements. I have started to think that the brass piece is part of a suspender/strap buckle. Not sure but maybe.

JimK

Attachments

• 008[1].jpg
    008[1].jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 242
  • IMAG1351.jpg
    IMAG1351.jpg
    540.5 KB · Views: 138

flintchip

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply. I need to get some calipers this weekend I guess foir those measurements. I have started to think that the brass piece is part of a suspender/strap buckle. Not sure but maybe.

JimK
Agreed.

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Double agreed. You solved it!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JimK

Is there any writing on the flat part of the buckle,? sometimes they have patent Dates.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread