A couple of quick qestions about the VX3 features and performance.

JASONSPAZ1

Oct 21, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
I have had them all but currently use a Makro Multi Kruzer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will make this short and sweet.

Can the ground tracking be turned off and have the balanced as fixed?

Is mixed mode audio the same as back in the days of the Spectrum XLT or is a better tuned version? (I know the V3i has mixed mode stereo)

In all honestly how is the performance of the VX3 in the wet salt? I guess I should be specific as how does it handle NEW ENGLAND beaches.

Thanks in advance.
Bear with me as I am stomping all over the forums asking many questions about many different machines.
Yes I know I could Google answers to my questions or do some forum post searches.
But I am impatient ( In a good way ).
You now that great nervous feeling right before you pull the trigger on a new machine to replace an old favorite.

Thanks
Jason

wvmountaindigger

Oct 19, 2014
Mountains of West Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Sun-Ray DX1 Probe, White's XLT, Sun-Ray XL1 Probe, White's Coin Master Pro, White's Coin Master 2900 Trooper, White's Coin Master 2DB Series 2, White's 120mm Bullseye Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go to the White's Forum on there web page. Then go to support menus and select forums. You can get an answer for any question you may have.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't own one yet but can answer them all
Yes just like the DFX before it and the XLT before it tracking can be turned off.
Mixed mode is the same as the XLT and DFX only better... It is in stereo with motion channel in one ear and non motion in the other.
The DFX works prefect on wetsand and dry with 2 frequencies and the V3i has 3 so probably better than the DFX. I can not speak on NE but you can get that answer over at whites forum I am sure.

Let me say the DFX and V3i do both traditional GB and remove Salt as well so no idea why it would have issues.

Oh, crap, you said V3X.... Well, since it can be upgraded to a V3i I would expect it to be the same, just sort on some of the extra bells..

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread