A couple of shelves from this years finds and mysterious tiny mug with scene ID help

GoingDigging

Jul 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All late 1800's dump finds. Could the mug be a salesman sample? It looks like two people drinking beer on one side and on the other, one guy is passed out getting a beer dumped on his head by the winner of the presumed drinking contest? I would appreciate any information on the miniature mug. Thanks.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that's a pretty good guess and interpretation on the mug. You placed the bitter's exactly where it needs to be, front-center. Lol

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing detail on such a small mug. Real artistry there. Very nice shelves gd. I'm jealous.

Bellwoodboys

Jul 10, 2015
Belmar
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!! Were all the Geyser Spring mineral waters found in the same place?

Also love the Quandt green picture blob!

OP
OP
G

GoingDigging

Jul 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. Hard work as you all know. That mug made me laugh when I first found it and saw what it had on it. I'll never find another. It was on the bottom of the dump on the clay about 8 feet down. Hard to believe the handle was on and it is completely undamaged. If you passed out at a table drinking beer in the late 1800's, you could expect to have a mug of it dumped on you by other folks at the table. The Saratoga bottles were found in early Spring and were in the same general pocket. There were actually 9 that were found. Just ask Goldenplug.

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the mug is a press mold , and was most likely just a nick nake .

OP
OP
G

GoingDigging

Jul 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is a nick nack then I am ok with that. That is actually what I thought it was at first until somebody made me think it was a sample. Then I thought it was so small because people were so much shorter back then and was actually full size....:laughing7:. Regardless of whatever value it may have, it is in my permanent collection due to the fact that I most likely won't find another ever again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions