A Couple of Sunday Finds

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
I had a lot of frustration today. I went to a field north of town which I have had permission to hunt for over 13 years. For years I never found any footprints in any of the many fields where there are artifacts. In the last few years every time I go there are footprints everywhere. About a month ago I found 2 people from another county who were looking one of the fields. I asked them who had given them permission and they told me a man who lived in a trailer down the road. I pointed out to them that he had nothing to do with the land. They didn't even know who owned it. Today I found somebody in the first field I went to. He said that he had permission from Mr. X who I pointed out sold the land over 2 years ago. He had found 6 really nice points in the field before I got there. I found one. I went to 2 other fields on the tract to find footprints everywhere. So I then drove 15 miles to some land that had been turned and had and good rain on and found everything else.

Upvote 0

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds ... Seems like everything you find is on the bigger side ... That really sucks about people being out on your sites without proper permission ... Especially if they found stuff.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well at least they saved you some. Id be to nervous to try something like that especially if I saw you walking towards me. One time a guy gave me permission to hunt and I went to the wrong field by mistake. The owner drove up to me and let me know I was in the wrong field.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread