A Couple On A Very Windy Morning

Prime_Focus

Aug 27, 2008
Central Iowa
I received an email a couple of years ago, from an old retired gentleman who lives in Florida. He said that he grew up in Iowa and knew of a spot where a small feeder creek entered a larger creek. He had found several artifacts in the larger creek just below the feeder creek. He had never told anyone about the spot but said that he knew he would never make it back to Iowa again and wanted to pass his secret spot along to someone. He had seen some of my posts on the internet and decided to fill me in. I had checked the area just after I got the email but the water was higher and not many gravel bars showing. I drove by the area yesterday and noticed that the water was down to a trickle in the feeder creek so this morning, I walked back in again. This is what I found.

1point

Mar 13, 2011
Central Iowa
Nice finds - especially for November Tom. some Dandy color in those little guys! You have to appreciate the fact that someone has passed on a spot to another hunter to ensure that another person can enjoy the this wonderful addiction - I mean hobby :wink:

Almostneverlost

Mar 10, 2011
Nice finds Tom :thumbsup: That first one is pretty! I haven't been out for a while, but will probably take the dog and go this afternoon. The water is too low now to get my boat out......From one extreme to the other :-\
Congrats on the finds!

Sprig

Mar 10, 2011
That's outstanding Uncle Tom! You have to love walking a creek in November when you know you should be in the tree stand. :laughing9:

That looks like a killer creek and I'm sure we'll be seeing some future hardstone coming out of an area like that. Sure hope you take us along again. :thumbsup:

Congrats on the dandy finds.

iowa trout

Dec 9, 2010
Nice finds Tom sounds like you have reached some kind of coast to coast celebrity status , so if I shared my finds in say 50 states in return I should gain oh about 50 new spots right? congrats buddy cant wait to see your new Florida spot future finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread