yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a major bottle collector, although I did start young (2000 years ago...). Here a couple pics.

These are the smallest bottles I've ever seen. They have tiny glass stoppers, a couple of which were lost years ago while recklessly cleaning a bookshelf where they were... 0306141431.jpg notice their size in comparison to the terra cotta plant pots...

0306141433a.jpg That's my Turlington. Bad pic. Sorry. Flanked by a small blue poison (sunk cork) and a Bellamy brown (med?).

0306141432.jpg This is "Still Life With Ducky". The ring I found a couple weeks ago in a tiny patch of sand on my favorite beach (the rest was frozen over- one of those 'what the heck?? finds). The ducky came from god knows where, and the bottle (last but not least) is the 2nd smallest I've found. The tiny bottles above (1st pic) were not found by me, but given to me by my mother. This one, tho you can't see it, has a bit of a ripple on the surface and was found in a too-quickly disintegrating wooden 'barrel' (for lack of a better word)- so I think it was a little perfume. But honestly, I have no idea. I did find some jet beads at the same site (as well as the Pepsimint bottles- and the poison). Clearly household, maybe even a plow-over to make a country road (which is no longer there). I don't know. Anyway- thanks for looking, and I'll post more soon! Yak

OP
OP
yakker

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW, this is a pic of the patch of sand I found the ring on. I know this isn't the metal detecting forum, but I wasn't detecting, just surface, as always. Can't wait for spring and the big fat meltdown!!!

0217141314.jpg
Cheers!
Yak

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice "little" collection yakker. Thanks for showing

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
yakker

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Curious to know to origin of those really tiny ones in the first pic. Perfume samples? But a set of them? And so very thin and delicate. Never seen them before on any site I've visited. Anyone? Yak

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Her's one similar to one of yours yakker. It is paneled.

image-867569800.png

And here is a round one my son found.

image-3912530656.png

OP
OP
yakker

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool Bass. I like the itty-bitty ones- mostly because I can find them whole, as they're less likely to break. Muddy- I don't think they're med. They're a little too decorative for that- which is why I thought perfume- now I talking about the bottles next to the potted plants. Not a great pic. but I can post better ones if there's interest. Yak

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post sone more pictures maybe someone will recognize them

OP
OP
yakker

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay- here are several more. The pic w/ the stopper out-- I was trying to show that the stopper is actually a screw top! And it's a flower shape w/ a hole through the middle. The bottle w/ the green stopper- I can't get it out and don't want to twist too hard. That's how I broke the stopper out of the amber one... rrr.

0307141222.jpg 0307141222a.jpg 0307141222b.jpg 0307141223.jpg

0307141223a.jpg

Thanks in advance for any/all info/thoughts on these. Yak

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
attachment.php

Hey yakker,

I really like those little beauties. The stoppers with the long dauber or applicator shout perfume to me.

Aroma-scope.jpg

OP
OP
yakker

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe a perfume sampler/ boxed set. I'll keep looking for similar bots. Seem pretty up-market to me. Thanks! Yak

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread