A couple pretty good days

Almostneverlost

Mar 10, 2011
Sunday morning my buddy Vince and I headed out early, and got to our spot with the turkeys gobbling up a storm around us. Vince didn't hunt 2nd season, but went along to do some calling and video the hunt. We had toms coming from at least two sides, this guy was the "lucky one" that got there first.
rsz_003[1].jpg
Then yesterday I got out and did some looking, here is the 1st thing I found
rsz_1001[1].jpg
rsz_008[1].jpg
I have only found one other point made of black chert so I was pretty happy with this blade/preform, then after looking at dirty rocks all day this one about jumped into my pocket
rsz_010[1].jpg
I had been getting really frustrated Arrowhead hunting.... Thank you lord for a good day! :thumbsup:

Sprig

Mar 10, 2011
Very sweet blade Trent! I wonder what kind of material that is - seem like you don't see much of that in Iowa, at least, that I know of.

So where's the video of the turkey kill? :dontknow: ;D

JRuss

Mar 25, 2011
Very nice. Throw some shrooms in there and it would be perfect. Glad you got a bird, hoping 4th season treats me a little better. Good job!

OP
OP
Almostneverlost

Almostneverlost

Mar 10, 2011
Sprig said:
Very sweet blade Trent! I wonder what kind of material that is - seem like you don't see much of that in Iowa, at least, that I know of.

So where's the video of the turkey kill? :dontknow: ;D

Sprig, I'm not sure what the material is called either, I just know it doesn't seem to be real common around here. My buddy hasn't sent me a copy of the hunt yet. It did turn out awesome though :laughing7: I put a pretty good shot on him.... He didn't even flop :o

1point

Mar 13, 2011
Central Iowa
And you questioned even going into the woods....... I knew you would crack one! Congrats on the bird and the nice finds Trent - hope to bag one next weekend!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread