A couple Questions??

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was asked a couple of questions today that I didnt have the exact answers to.The first was concerning the metal gold pans that have the ribs in them,I always called the riffles "Chinese riffles",but they said there was a specific name for the pan?News to me anybody know?The other question was how many cubic inches would a cube of one ounce of gold be?? :icon_scratch:

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_sunny: HUNGARIAN RIFFLES--ON A DREDGE CALLED MODIFIED HUNGARIANS- new jet age plastic pans rock!! Metal rusts--yuck-Tons a au 2 u 2-John ;D

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been doing all right but most my time (free time)has been relic hunting,thanks for asking......come dredge season or I can find another paying lode I will be hitting it hard once again.You can buy the pans(metal)from Keene and several other places.The idea was first put into action by the Chinese in the Gold rush.They hammered them in the metal pans.Thats where the plastic ones were adapted from now.Hungarian riffles.......different animal.This was a historian doing a report that posed the question.

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Lamar,thats where I got the one I have(has a copper lined bottom).I use it for getting micro gold......with mercury

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread