Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today i went to a bank i have been to once before in my town looking for some rolls, i have pretty much went through all the ones the other bank has. The first time i went looking for halves they asked if i had an account i said no so they said no cash for coin transfers i left a little irritated well today i opened a free checking and ask for halves she said i just missed about $150 that some older man had dropped off but they were gone the next day she claims. So i then ask for dimes saying id like $200 worth and she tells me she has $30??? i was like really? she then says well i could go to the vault? i was like that would be great but she tells me she only has $100? i really don't know what was going on with this lady. Since i could only get $100 i ask for $100 in nickels she tells me she only has $20 worth back there i don't believe that but take what i can get. She brings the tray of Nickels up and she notices 1 roll is very short. So instead of evening it out from her drawer she goes to the vault and gets another roll??? how is this possible when i just bought the only $20 worth they had back there??? lol i didnt say anything, i was still trying to figure out what was going on. Well anyways i know where ill be dumping ALL of coins from now on. lol i hope they love pennies i think im going to pick a few boxes up just for them.

I Have not got to the nickels yet but the dimes payed off with 2 silver! 1964-D 1963-D 8) so before i turn them into my only dump bank im going to try to score a few more dimes but that lady was honestly just mean the whole time.

HH

Upvote 0

kestrelia

May 9, 2007
Maybe she was just telling what she can sell you. $20 in nickels might be all she's willing to part with because they need others for other customers. Although I've been tempted to say, "I want every single damn coin you have in the place, penny, nickel, dime, quarter, half, dollar, foreign etc. ... and every weird or old bill too!," I usually just say, "I'd like to buy a large amount of X, whatever you liked to get rid of/can sell me, etc."

Brian

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless your CRH'ng in Mayberry (Andy Griffith Show) with a population of 53 - it sounds like she is just a lazy teller that doesn't want to carry boxes from the vault!!!!

OP
OP
coltdavis

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im pretty sure shes just being lazy, its the biggest of the 3 banks in my town and both of the others have been very nice, and had plenty of coin this teller was nice the whole time i was opening the account but as soon as i mentioned coins she was completely different just seemed annoyed i was even in the bank. O well ill try to get some more dimes tomorrow, but if no luck my road trips will have to begin lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread