A Couple Slower Hunts Recently

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hey guys,

I've been sneaking some time in for metal detecting as possible the last few days without too much to show for it. I spent about an hour and a half covering the second half of my backyard on Sunday morning and just turned up 18 cents clad. I was surprised because the first half of the yard turned up 4 wheats and 2 silver dimes. Oh well!

Last night I got out for a few hours. The first site I hit was a 1920s era house I got permission on. I pulled up 25 coins, all clad. Not even a wheat penny to show for it. So strange! I think the yard must've been covered in fill dirt because I didn't find anything older than the 70s there.

After that, I spent some more time at the 1914 house I hit last week. Before yesterday I'd pulled 6 wheats and a war nickel. I canvassed the yard really hard and was only able to turn up a couple more older coins, a 1940-S wheat penny and a 1950 Canadian penny.

IMG_6127.JPG

IMG_6128.JPG

IMG_6129.JPG

Here are my totals for the yesterday:
-1 Wheat Penny (1940-S)
-1 King George VI Canadian Penny (1950)
-50 Memorial Cents
-4 Modern Canadian Cents
-1 Nickel
-11 Dimes
-1 Quarter

Oh well, I guess not every hunt can be a winner. Just gotta keep after it.

Happy hunting!
-Washingtonian

Upvote 3

Trapper340

Aug 21, 2016
Lebanon missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right now I wouldn't mind finding that . It's so dry here you can't dig much of a hole and the heat is a killer. Congratulations

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
good job, sometimes it is what it is but you got out. I hunted hard for three hours this morning and got very little

OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
good job, sometimes it is what it is but you got out. I hunted hard for three hours this morning and got very little

Yeah, sometimes I still like to post when it's slow because I don't want to give people the impression I find something great every time. Keep after it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread