A Date with a Babe

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Hey, dudes, the newly-improved dude, KirkPA, had the inkling to go out for some trrrrreasure hunting today. I was walking around the house, at around 5 p.m., looking at numerous trinkets on the shelves and musing about this addictive hobby. At one point, while wandering aimlessly through the dwelling, I looked over at my honey...my datecta. SHE was gazing at me with all of her amazing controls, such as ground balance, threshold, gain control, coin-check mode, etc. At that moment, I gave her one of the KirkPA sexy winks...it looked kind of like this...;). Then, I :-* my dainty, yet strong hand and blew it her way. I think I put out the perfect vibe because she stated, "Come here, baby, and take me somewhere." Now, before any of you dudes jump to any conclusions about my datecta's insinuation, I will set the record straight. She meant, "Take me out into the field for some relic hunting." So, after walking over to her in an overly-exaggerated "cool dude" fashion, I turned her on and did a battery check. My words, after the turning on, "Darn, baby, you are at a 68 VDI battery check level. That will only be good for a half hour. But, baby, any time spent with you is time that I will cherish. So, honey dearest, I will take you to a park that I think you will love. My goal is to have your fuel cells run dead. I don't even have to find anything. Just be my lovely, sexy date tonight. Can you do that, sweets?" ;) She stated, "Anything for you Kirkie Pooh!"

Kirk the Dude then decided to get around for his big date. But, then I forgot about somethings. Those somethings were...one, Zoy had his car, so I couldn't drive that. Two, my car was super low on that gas stuff to the point that my analog meter gas guage was due to snap. Lastly, Paco the Dude was busy with his daughter's soccer practice. So, I had no way of getting to my destination: old park. Then, one idea came to my mind, "I am going to take the bus!" :o

So, I snapped my pouch around my waist, put my detector on my shoulder, and walked to the nearest bus stop. Upon arriving, I noticed a few of the bus stoppers checking out my datecta, so I asked them, "Have you ever considered the sport of metal detecting?" They ignored me. At that moment, I ignored they, too. hahaha After being at the bus stop for about 10 minutes, the big blue thing was speeding to our area...once it halted, I climbed aboard and paid my fee. I smiled at the lovely bus driver, who was a woman, and walked to the back of the bus while acting cool the entire time. I bet some of the attendees thought I was full of it. :D

The ride was going to be about 15 minutes, so I sat in my seat and waited for my destination stop. I acted quite proper at this moment because, you know, dudes, I had to be a good ambassador for the sport. At each bus stop, more and more bus dudes crowded the seats. At those moments, I sang the lyrics to this great parody, while the entire time I performed the same face attacks that this dude makes: . After singing it about 5 times...at each next pick-up stop...I noticed that my journey was coming to an end....so, I reached up and rang the bell...ding, ding, ding...those "dings" were insinuating my intention for the bus driver to halt the bus....well, she did, and KirkPA stood up, slung his datecta over his shoulder, and pranced down the aisle until he got to the door. While leaving, I looked back and stated, "Have a good day, ma'am."

Well, while datectin' in the park, I didn't get too much, but wads of gaarrrrrbaggeee. In about a half hour, my batteries went dead. Then, another thought came to my genius of a mind, "Hmmm....now, dude, how will you get back home?" I decided to give Zoy a call on the cell, "Dude, I'm in a park with my detector, will you come to get me?" Well, he did come, so I loaded up my trusty Pro XL and off we went.

Dudes, now, I don't want you to think that this is my style of hunting. I just wanted to run my batteries down, so I can start out fresh for my next big trip....this Sundee. All in all, I enjoyed myself...I got to understand my babe at a deeper level, kind of like those romantic nights of cuddling with your special woman.

Until next time, dudes, I sign thyself off in the name of my White's detector!

KirkPA

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude. You are absolutely hilarious. Nice post to break up the monotony. Good luck on Sunday. Looking forward to another good post and hopefully some good finds as well.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude i keep my girl by the bed :D AA

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
I love that story!

It makes me think... A true metal detectorist type dude should not be satisfied with just say... having a detector in the car at all times. Nay! Indeed!

A truly dedicated fellow would be inclined to simply carry one around at all times! (With a jocular smile).

I'm verily impressed with your telling of the experience and shall from this day forward seek possible opportunities to sally forth with detector in hand to places I would normally not sally forth with it!

You my friend hath rode softly on that bus and carried a big stick! For that we should all be proud! :D

Ridley

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Any time spent with yer datecta is time well spent. I keep mine in the back seat of my truck for emergencies. Your a true Whites man Kirk. Keep the stories coming brotha.

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Kirk, dude, you have a true metal detecting addiction...just like me.. ;D :D ;)

Anyone who would take the bus to the park and detect for half an hour while enjoying each and every last minute of your White's babe until she couldn't give you a minute more has a true love for the hobby.

Hope you score next time, bud. Great story put in your own, one of a kind style.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really enjoyed that Kirk....i get the "mood" sometimes. You write it quite well.

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
Kirk
.... always funny... just one piece of advice

Don't EVER let your girlfriend read this piece... EVER!! ;D

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
loved the story Kirk ! now charge dem dang batteries before your next date dude ;)

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Captn_SE said:
Kirk, dude, you have a true metal detecting addiction...just like me.. ;D :D ;)

Anyone who would take the bus to the park and detect for half an hour while enjoying each and every last minute of your White's babe until she couldn't give you a minute more has a true love for the hobby.

Hope you score next time, bud. Great story put in your own, one of a kind style.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Thanks, bud, I do have a true passion for this hobby. I'm in it for life!

I almost gave a few of the "smelly, old bums standing next to me who haven't showered in a year" a speech on metal detecting. You know, if I swayed a few of them away from drugs or gangs, I would win the "Metal Detecting Ambassador of the Year" award. Could you picture that acceptance speech? hahaha That may come at a later time.

But, I must admit, if I did win that award, some dudes would be "booing" me to the podium. hahaha

melnatcat

Mar 9, 2005
Central Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D ;D :D

That's great! Makes me wonder how I am going to explain to my husband about my early morning and afternoon escapades with my Titan that runs on 2/9 volts?

Nice writing....interesting reading!

Melnatcat

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG, dude! Congrats on your efforts to stop global warming by taking the bus, eeking out every last bit of juice from your batteries and cleaning up the park! Now, go hug a tree :-*

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
OMG Kirk, Kirk, Kirk on a bus and hunting a park. LMAO Dude! Great story and Dude, You Got It Bad. Good luck sunday, looking forward to you post!

Desertfox

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions