A DAy For Giving Back.....Part 2;; UPDATE...The Rewards

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Having good luck on finding the owners of some lost articles recovered from a roadway, I decided to renew a search for the owner of a classring I had found last summer at a local beach.http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,104278.msg763751.html#msg763751
The family had apparently moved so I had run into a dead end on my initial search.....however.....
After making a few calls today, I find that the family had moved back and the young lady who had lost the ring was re-enrolled into the same school. I called the school and they have passed on my # with a note for her parents to call me, so I will certainly be returning this ring within the next few days.
The snow has melted here once again...I think Ill go for a hunt and see if I am rewarded for my good deeds ;)

OP
OP
jopher

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
I dont ask for anything other than the good feeling of reuniting someone with thier lost belongings.................But I dont argue when they slip me a thank you!
Returned the duffle bags this morning (The family lives by B-Doo) and dad insisted I take a twenty for my troubles.
Returned the class ring tonight, and the young ladys step father slips me a card......................$50. at Outback.........life is good......Joe

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 417

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done, Joe! ;)

Nana :)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jopher this should have been in the Original Finds Post But I don't know if it's here or Where :(

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
I am glad to see this is finally where it belongs
in the Honorable Mention area.
Well done Joe and I agree...
it's a great feeling "giving back"

Congrats my friend, well done!

Smiles!
BDoo

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Well done, Joe. May you be blessed. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread