chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10 years is quite a long production run for Fishers flagship. If I think of my own life so much has happened in the last 10 years. Without wanting to sound too rude what exactly have the engineers at Fisher been doing all that time???? I realise they released that crappy entry F11/22/44 series and changed the artwork on the F70 face plate ( Patriot.)
I guess alot of it has been spent on the DST, boost and cache of the F75 but surely these are tweaks and don't really represent 10 years of a teams work? or am I just being too cruel?
Or is the F75 so good thats its been a challenge to make something better:laughing7:

But seriously though how much longer can the F75 possibly be the Fisher flagship?

Chub

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not that I'm complaining. I really like the F75 and dont think I would ever get rid of it !

Chub

☠ Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's an interesting topic to me as well, and one I proactively search for any answers or hints I can find. Nobody really knows except First Texas and those who have signed Do Not Disclose agreements. The only thing that is for sure is that they've hired some new talent, moved into a new facility, and are working on something they are very proud of and excited about. A respected voice in the MD community, Tom Dankowski suggests it is worth the wait and "do give them time." It sounds like whenever it does surface it will bring some genuinely new technology to the table. I'm rooting for them. If I have a soft spot for any company it's First Texas and Fisher. I think they are a privately owned company, so they can only research and develop out of profits they make on machines already in production, whereas a publicly traded company like Minelab can simply make a pitch and they've got it. R+D is the time consuming and expensive part, and with a limited customer base the metal detecting sector of tech grows much slower than other sectors. Companies like First Texas and Whites are often forced to play leap frog to companies like Minelab with vaster resources and investors.

☠ Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The F75 LTD does push the limits of what a single frequency VLF can do though. The machine is quite a masterpiece in my view. I remember reading about the struggle Nokta went through trying to replicate the depth the F75 achieves. It really is one of the best and the one to beat in mild to moderate inland soil.

fuzzy535

Dec 12, 2014
fairview park, ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, ACE 350,
Fisher F4, whites prizm III, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if it aint broke, dont fix it! Though sometimes i wonder how often new stuff comes out..First Texas is kinda like GM, they have so many base platforms that everything starts off the same then the different brands just tweak little options and call it a new brand. but i wonder how different they really are? How much more R&D could go into a machine if they weren't funding 3-4 lines? the flip side having multiple lines does give them greater market share and us consumers more options. plus im sure they employ more workers too this way, unless they just run the same assembly lines and build each model as demand increases. This is all my assumption and i have never been to any of their facilities.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As most know, I am a Fisher guy. Just by them lowering their prices on the F75 and then the low price they are starting the F75+ at tells me they are making room in the higher price range for the next flagship machine. I sure wish the F75+ deal was out back in 2014. What better move than to compete in the $500-$700 with their top end machines. I love the frequency it uses and guess Garrett did to since the AT Max runs a similar freq. Having the option to re-decal the F70 stock and sell it at a lower price under the Tekentics name is also a good move since they lowered the price of the F75 platform sort of pushed it out of the price range. I believe many have tried the F75 or LTD and it just wasn't their cup of tea. Most of them probably ran them too hot and then complained of EMI and falsing. I have used both the non DST and the DST models and have not had an issue with EMI. You just have to set them up for what the site allows. The machine is deep even at 50% sensitivity. I am looking forward to see what their next generation flag ship machine brings to the hobby.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all R & D. It you're not watching what the competition is making and the percentage of the market that they are getting, then you will lose "BRAND LOYAL" customers.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just emailed Tom yesterday about another topic and the F75 came up. I more or less mentioned it would have to be ripped out of my hand even if it is old or outdated. He simply said the F75 is still a top end detector....even today.

Nice to know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions