Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stevesno said:
Just got my vehicle back yesterday....three weeks after hitting a deer....$3700.00 damage and $500.00 deductable....my new detector will have to wait a while longer....Steve

WOW, that sucks big time. I hope it all works out good for you. I was wanting a new one too but I have a dentist bill that will eat up the stimulus check if it ever gets here.

DANGLANGLEY

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
DANGLANGLEY said:
Bridge End Farm said:
DANGLANGLEY said:
Thanks everybody, I feel much better now. It's just that the "LANGLEY LUCK" is an enigma. (something hard to understand or explain) It has been known to cause massive catastrophes. Remember the Titanic, Hindenburg, Mt. St. Helen, Atlantis, Pompei and a few more....LOL!!! :wink: :wink: :wink: ;D

DANGLANGLEY

glad your ok :thumbsup: did you get any good back straps from her since she damaged your ride :wink:

You know, I could not believe it but that deer went over the top of my truck and landed in the road behind me and just jumped up and ran back into the woods like there wasn't a thing wrong. Strangest thing I ever saw. It went high enough that it missed the bed of my truck. I guess I had slowed down to about 20 mph or so when it happened.

DANGLANGLEY

I believe you indeed,

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
WV Hillbilly said:
Everyone knows deer don't run into you . You run into them . I watched an episode of judge judy
just the other day . A lady stated a deer ran into the side of a car she was driving . Judge judy flatly
stated the lady was lying because deer don't run into you , you run into them . What an idiot ! :D

Judge Judy... what a dolt.

Hey my buddy was riding his motorcycle and was hit by a deer (doe).

She ran right into the side of him... wtf?

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Doe- female- probably not watching where she was going.
On the cell phone, putting on makeup, whatever.... ;D

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
funniest story I ever heard was about my dad and uncle. They hit a deer on a country road and times were hard plus we have never been a family to waste. So they put the deer in the truck and covered it with a tarp. As they were going through down town Beeville ( a very small town with very old western looking buildings , like many old towns have) People were pointing and laughing, they both turned around and looked and in the back of the truck the deer was sitting up like a dog does with part of the tarp hanging off its antlers. It had this dazed and confused look kinda tilting its head back and forth. I always get the picture in my mind of some deer hunting cartoon gone bad. Any way at this point they became really nervous because it wasn't hunting season and they didn't know what to do with this deer. So they stopped the truck and just when they got out the deer stood up jumped down, staggered a few steps and took off with the tarp still hanging off its antlers waving behind him. He was last seen running down the downtown street darting back and forth at the buildings. My dad and uncle just got in the truck and took off. Being a small town and the fact everyone knew each other and this truck was an old clunker and hard to mistake, it took a while for them to live it down. They would be somewhere in the truck and people would tell them, hey that was you with the deer that ran down mainstreet.

OP
OP
DANGLANGLEY

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
txkickergirl said:
funniest story I ever heard was about my dad and uncle. They hit a deer on a country road and times were hard plus we have never been a family to waste. So they put the deer in the truck and covered it with a tarp. As they were going through down town Beeville ( a very small town with very old western looking buildings , like many old towns have) People were pointing and laughing, they both turned around and looked and in the back of the truck the deer was sitting up like a dog does with part of the tarp hanging off its antlers. It had this dazed and confused look kinda tilting its head back and forth. I always get the picture in my mind of some deer hunting cartoon gone bad. Any way at this point they became really nervous because it wasn't hunting season and they didn't know what to do with this deer. So they stopped the truck and just when they got out the deer stood up jumped down, staggered a few steps and took off with the tarp still hanging off its antlers waving behind him. He was last seen running down the downtown street darting back and forth at the buildings. My dad and uncle just got in the truck and took off. Being a small town and the fact everyone knew each other and this truck was an old clunker and hard to mistake, it took a while for them to live it down. They would be somewhere in the truck and people would tell them, hey that was you with the deer that ran down mainstreet.

That's a good one for sure, LOL!!!

I have an appt. to put my truck in the shop to get it fixed. The estimate to fix it was only $1,680.00 and it looks like I'll have to miss a day's work because Enterprise want's me to meet them at the body shop at 10:00 am Tuesday. From there they take me about 25 miles to their business to fill out the paperwork. My insurance allows $22 a day for a car but Enterprise's cheapest car is $25.95 so I will have to make up the difference. Best part is the insurance supposed to pay for the gas. I sure can't drive to work and back for $3.95 a day. It costs me about $12 a day for my truck. Maybe it will all turn out good.....Hope so anyway

DANGLANGLEY

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When Jeff was an EMT he was on a run for a stroke victim with 2 other guys and well yep she jumped out of the grass it was in the country at a camp ground so no lights out in the sticks when they got the ambulance back to town I went to see how hes doin and I could smell it over 2 blocks away!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions