Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C

caverzig

the ship hotel as its known has burnt, have visited the site several times , but never gave detecting a try. at this time ,can't tell what the status of the property is or who owns it.
thanks for the post
caverzig

jeffHershey

Greenie
Nov 29, 2006
Hershey, PA
Detector(s) used
For Coins and Relics: Minelab Equinox 800 ; For Competition: Fisher 1236-X2 and Tesoro Cibola; For Water: Minelab Equinox 800
Where is this located? I followed the links and could not determine. If it is located in the lower Susquehanna River Basin, it is easily within my hunting territory.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's Somerset County

Between Gettysburg & Pittsburgh.

No where Near the Susquehanna.

wainzoid

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2007
morrisons cove = smell our dairy air
I've been there before, never detecting. Locally they call it the 'ship hotel'. I think its actually in Bedford county, real close to the Somerset county line on Rt30. A search of 'Bedford Pa' on Ebay will produce several Post Cards of it, I see them there constantly. You could see 3 or 4 states from atop the ship. It burnt and then was torn down. I actually havent been over that way for several yrs. Was within a couple miles of it a few weeks ago, but not past it.

On a side note.....searches of my local towns on Ebay always produces old picture post cards. Great place for ideas on where to hunt. TRY searching your local area on Ebay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread