A diggers paradise with some great people! Nabbed some GOODS too!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A diggers dream w/some great people! Nabbed some GOODS too!

Hey guys, just like treblehunter, leviathanrick, and Vino, my son and I hunted an amazing spot that vino got permission at today, Probly the most historic spot ill be lucky enough to hunt at. and it was a mere 110 miles from my house lol, have relics will travel!!

First of all just a huge thanks to vino, real stand up of him to bring all these people to his spot he found!!

I brought my son along for the hunt and pretty early on he got a nice hit with the ace350 and called me over to verify with the atpro, I was getting 7576 at 2 inches, thought junk so we made the smallest of "plugs" and out pops this! kgb4cln.jpg I saw the words brittania on the back and nearly freaked out!, I run over to treble, vino and another guy hunting with us to show off and we were all blown away at the detail on it, so I started wiping it off further and revealed a super sweet 1747 KG!! clean kg.jpg I thought holy crap, my oldest coin ever!!, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, I wipe the other side and the UGLY word "copy" starred right back at me:BangHead:, copy kg.jpg this place does a lot of re enactments so I figure this copy coin has something to do with that. Still cool to find, but man what a heartbreaker!

So brushed off the heartache and headed towards house in the middle of the site, a lot of cap nails later I got a nice nickel tone, bang! 45p war nickel! war.jpg not much else happening there so moved to the huge huge front lawn of the main house structure and was pulling buttons left and right, heres the thing, some if not all are reproductions, this site is so neat because you just cant tell right away whats old and what isn't! buttons.JPG

short bit later I got a nice mid 70s tone sounded like an indian so I gave it a whirl, out pops a flint lock part with the flint still in it! sweeeeeet!! never even seen one before!, this wasn't a reproduction, has that white patina on it and was about 6" down flint1.jpg flint2.jpg flint3.jpg flint4.jpg

got some more buttons and then another of the same flint lock part, this time without a flint in it, then the usual clad, Had a drink and some chit chatting with the others hunting and got back to it, I picked a small section of another part of the yard and gridded nice and thorough, it paid off with a 1919 Standing Liberty Quarter in real nice shape!, still can read a date!:hello2: walker.jpg slq.jpg right next to that plug was the only wheat I found a 1937, popped some more clad and decided to call it at day not before finding this nice flat button with the shank still attached! its a nice brass 2 piece, cant quite make out the writing on back. front flat button.jpg backflatbutton.jpg

So on the way out I stopped and said goodbye to leviathanrick and he pulls a nice half cent out of his pocket that he just had found!, all in all a great day with all of us getting some killer finds, Vino got a nice one, ill let him reveal that, rick got a nice ring and half cent, treble got a super sweet 1798 Draped bust, another guy got a LC and a KG, plus a ton of buttons new and old between all of us, So much of this site left to hit, hopefully I get another crack at it
take.jpg

Again, THANKS VINO! I owe ya !!
thanks for looking and HH!!

Last edited:
Upvote 18

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man I wish that KG had been the real deal for your son! Glad you guys had a good time. Looks like everyone made some nice finds!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I wish that KG had been the real deal for your son! Glad you guys had a good time. Looks like everyone made some nice finds!

man you have no idea, I almost pulled a KG or Ringy fit when I saw it, Like I told the guys, hey I wont dig something like that around parks!, cant I just pass it off as a counterstamped KG? lol:laughing7:

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is still a very unique find, tokens are cool too. It was nice to meet your son I hope he doesn't have nightmares of watching me lick that draped bust to get a date!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is still a very unique find, tokens are cool too. It was nice to meet your son I hope he doesn't have nightmares of watching me lick that draped bust to get a date!

lol treb!, nah hes seen me give rings the "carwash" before

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your more then welcome! I think I was more upset then you...I wanted that to be real for ur son..We all had alot of fun today. Ur welcome down when evee you get time..Next time bring that character OLDDUDE with you.
George

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great hunt, that is a nice SLQ!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats a Nice SLQ and some variety to top it off!! Still have to get my first dated SLQ here not going to hold my breath lol !!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got the video up, its in the beginning of the thread, Enjoy!

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got the video up, its in the beginning of the thread, Enjoy!

Great video. .. That was a great idea your son crawling under the porch...I thought I was watching the show diggers. ..Thanks for sharing that.
George

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds! Congrats! Congrats to your son! True treasure hunters, you'd go to the ends of the earth for a good place to hunt, ....well almost! Lol! Nicely done a good hunt all around!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video Kris, you need to sell that yellow monster on craigslist and buy your son an AT Pro! And stop calling his find yours, lol, haaaaaa

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was one great hunt! Love it man!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video. .. That was a great idea your son crawling under the porch...I thought I was watching the show diggers. ..Thanks for sharing that.
George
Glad ya liked it!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds! Congrats! Congrats to your son! True treasure hunters, you'd go to the ends of the earth for a good place to hunt, ....well almost! Lol! Nicely done a good hunt all around!
Thanks ms!!, this place sounded WAY too awesome to not go, I drove 110 miles after working night shift all the night before lol, I'm a little obsessed w this hobby

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video Kris, you need to sell that yellow monster on craigslist and buy your son an AT Pro! And stop calling his find yours, lol, haaaaaa

Lol @ yellow monster! Yeah I realized I called the mock kg mine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread