A Discussion With An OI Person.

Zom

Dec 8, 2019
USA
Detector(s) used
1975 White Discriminator. Sorry, my metal detector days are over.
Primary Interest:
Other
Had a long discussion with my contact at Prometheus who, as I've said in the past, won't divulge anything about future shows. So I don't consider any of this to be confidential. Hours are typically 50 hour weeks but in crunch time they may be 90. S/he laughed at the idea the show was planting anything for Gary et al to find. If they did, it would make the job a LOT easier. So they're stuck trying to make some spike that was found sound interesting. Often they have to go back over the previous 6 seasons to show for background info... was this piece of rust related to that piece of rust found in season 3.

Producing shows are often chaotic. A show may be finished when "someone" really REALLY wants to include a guest theorist. So some last minute editing is done to include it and the show has to be redone to fill the hole. A show might be finished but someone thinks they need to borrow a chunk and move it to a different show to make that narrative flow better or to provide some background info needed for that narrative. Why don't we ever see the film crews? They're often seen among the Irving work crews... wearing hard hats and vests... that and in drone shots. S/he thinks half the people who do provide theories are crackpots. Prometheus is trying to tone down some of the silly narrative... but I haven't seen it. The night mare... should something of value be found, what if someone who did have the right theory was never aired... but was part of discarded footage from years back?

As for Season 8... s/he's convinced there will be one but Covid might throw a monkey wrench into the season. Typically film crews are sent there in early May.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think there is no Season 8. If it is it will be under a different names because a lot sponsors are most likely going to drop out. Too much, wood, rock and mud and no treasure.

dmg2016

Feb 8, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think there is no Season 8. If it is it will be under a different names because a lot sponsors are most likely going to drop out. Too much, wood, rock and mud and no treasure.

I am curious what this opinion is based on? The last I saw the rating were still pretty strong, so what care do the sponsors have with the content of the episodes.

OP
OP
Z

Zom

Dec 8, 2019
USA
Detector(s) used
1975 White Discriminator. Sorry, my metal detector days are over.
Primary Interest:
Other
I am curious what this opinion is based on? The last I saw the rating were still pretty strong, so what care do the sponsors have with the content of the episodes.

Viewers have put up with the show's format now for 6.5 seasons.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They may branch out and call the show, "Beyond Oak Island" because I know there is at least 11 more huge treasures of the Knights Templar to recover. And they can not continue just under the name "The Curse of Oak Island" if they have to go to other Islands and other locations to search for them. It is just more entertainment for everyone. I don't know if they will lose any sponsorship or not? They may even pick even more and bigger sponsors. And they could have more teams going to different areas? There is a lot of History out there to discover yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread