A Family Christmas......Between 2 Hunts.........

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep.......I sneaked out for an hour and a half before the family gathering today in hopes of finding one more silver ring to meet my goal of 15. The plan was to hunt a school (my old jr. high school) along the walkways. 5 minutes into the hunt, I began seeing the surface dirt remains of another detector's plugs.......I was a day too late. Changing gears, I decided to hunt an area adjacent to the school ball field.........

1225 Hunt 1.jpg 1225 Fr 5 Centimes.jpg

The only ring was a cheap nose ring.......silver plated. I did find a French 1992 5 centimes.

After the Christmas family gathering, highlighted by another great meal prepared by my son (a chef) and the joy of sharing in the wonderment of the kids, I managed another hour before the sun went down at a small sports complex across the river........

1225 Hunt 2.jpg

This area is rich with good signals and I only managed a very small portion........it gets another look tomorrow and every day possible before the weather changes for the worse...........the last target of the day was a ring, but appears to be aluminum..........not pictured individually is a 2008 s nickel.

Thanks for lookin' in and good luck on all your hunts...............

Upvote 7

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well if that don't beat all Chizzy, here yous been sneaking out to hunt over the holidays, Congrats on the finds. I bet the local soccer fields holds ring number 15. Are there any soccer fields at the sports complex? Good Luck

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if that don't beat all Chizzy, here yous been sneaking out to hunt over the holidays, Congrats on the finds. I bet the local soccer fields holds ring number 15. Are there any soccer fields at the sports complex? Good Luck

LOL.....yeah, I was being patient awaiting the thaw......and fulfilling my spousal/fatherly/grandfatherly/great grandfatherly responsibilities for a few days. When I got up early this morning, my wife looked at me and said, "You're going out dirt fishin', aren't you?" "Yup" sez, I......and out the door wuz me...............:tongue3:
No soccer field at the site from today, but there are a couple I could check out that aren't hunted...............didn't have any luck at 2 others that I hunted earlier this year.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the duel hunt! :occasion14: I bet that sports complex has a ring or two waiting for your coil!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions