A few 18th Century finds from today

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And a dang wheatie that just had to find its way into an old area. :) The Rosette was over ten inches down, which had me thinking of going back to this site with my stock coil installed instead of the 8 incher. (ML XS). Anyway, broken piece of an colonial era spoon, the Rosette, which was my second one found this month and a few unknowns, maybe part of suspenders. Overall 2006 was an average year for me, with the vast majority of my coins and artifacts being found in late winter and early spring.
Will post my yearly finds maybe tomorrow..

Happy New Year to all

Don in South Jersey

Attachments

• finds.jpg
    finds.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 649
Upvote 0

clump63

Mar 1, 2005
central Indiana
Very cool digs. How old do you think that rosette is? I found one identical to it and didn't realize what it was until reading your post.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice, Don! Look forward to seeing your year end pics too!

Nana :)

OP
OP
Don in SJ

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
clump63 said:
Very cool digs. How old do you think that rosette is? I found one identical to it and didn't realize what it was until reading your post.

Without no written data on rosettes to go by, I would have to say, if it is in line with the coins and buttons found at this site by me over the past two years, I would have to say as early as 1750's to as late as the early 1800's. But I would lean more to this style and the fact it was so deep and its exact location indicates to me more 1700ish than later.

Here is one I found earlier in the month made of pewter that was found at a homestead that the newest coin found was 1800, so this pewter one is most likely earlier 1800's to late 1700's in age, who knows how long it was used before it broke off and was lost......

Attachments

• Site209n210finds.jpg
    Site209n210finds.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 636

clump63

Mar 1, 2005
central Indiana
Went and found mine, it is different than yours but similar. I can see yellow brass where I knicked it with the shovel.

Attachments

• PC310023.JPG
    PC310023.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 569
S

Scots Gaelic

exclnt finds!!
May u have a hell of alot more in 2007!!!

T

TreasureTales

Very interesting finds. Lots of hard work went into finding these things. Kudos to you for retrieving bits of history.

leddel

Jun 30, 2006
connecticut
happy new year to all , and here is a few rossettes i found this year . these were also found at late 1700's sites to very early 1800's

Attachments

• 100_0544 rossettes.jpg
    100_0544 rossettes.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 523
OP
OP
Don in SJ

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
leddel said:
happy new year to all , and here is a few rosettes i found this year . these were also found at late 1700's sites to very early 1800's

Aren't they neat, nice collectible pieces of history, here are mine, have a few more somewhere but think these are the oldest ones.

Don

Attachments

• Horse Rosettes.jpg
    Horse Rosettes.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 502
T

TreasureTales

WOW! The rosettes certainly make a nice display when shown as a group. Very, very nice collections.

xlt nh

Jul 28, 2006
Cheshire, Mass
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, DFX 300
Very nice Don! ;D

I have a few like yours...don't ya hate how the pewter ones deteriorate so badly... :-\

Great finds and thanks for the pics! Hank 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread