A few beach finds.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Went to St. Joe State Park today and worked two beaches. Another state beach where metal detectorists are treated like felons. When I pulled up to the Ranger station the lady behind the desk saw my detector in the front seat and told me "You cannot detect here without a permit." Didn't even ask. Not trying to get into too much trouble I picked mine up from the front seat and I said "You mean like this one?" She then asked me for ID and asked me if I had driven over 90 miles just to detect the beach. As if it mattered to her. Anyway she informed me I had to be off the beach at 9AM and it was strictly enforced. As I pulled up to the beach area I saw the same sign that was at Lake of the Ozark State Park that prohibited Alchoholic beverages and other things and looked up to see beer cans all over the place. At 9 AM I left the totally empty beach so as not to distrub any of the swimmers. What a joke!

Any way started swinging and picked up the ear ring with the blue colored stone first swing. Thought, "This looks promising" only to go for 45 minutes finding nothing else but one penny and a ton of screw-off beer caps and Brewing Company Commertive Rings (pull tabs). Went to the second beach and had a little more luck and found a 925 silver ear ring smashed in the parking lot on the paved area without my detector.

Found a Senior Key from 1991, my sister lost hers so I gave it to her. A small chain, one of my favorite items a zipper pull, a plastic Sai (eyeball find), a capacitor and a metal mirror. The round item with the holes in it was not found there but actually at a school I stopped by on the way, it was the only find there and since I found it this morning hunting I left it in the mix. The two little gold foil circles at the top drove me nuts. There was about 50 of them in one area of the beach, I only kept two and threw the rest away. Anyway nothing too impressive just a few finds.

thanks for looking.

Attachments

• allstuff.JPG
    allstuff.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 333
  • clipon.JPG
    clipon.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 329
  • back.JPG
    back.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 293
  • silverear.JPG
    silverear.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 330
  • crazy.JPG
    crazy.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 341
  • key.JPG
    key.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 329
Upvote 0

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
GREAT JOB!! some really cool finds you have there.

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Good job Buddy! Looks like you had a good time. You have a nice variety of stuff there. Cool jewelry finds too. WTG!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread