VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice Finds Hutch. Good variety of bullets including 2 .44 cal. CW New Army Colt pistol bullets. I found my first Henry cartridge last year as Dman and I hunted a U.S. Camp on Monteagle Mountain, TN. We don't see many of them in Northern Middle Tennessee. HH.

dirt diggler

Mar 18, 2009
Stafford VA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
beautiful day in va you are 100% right about that. looks like you fared out alright. nice finds wish i was out doin the same but had to work planned a trip to some old home site / cw activity possible 500 ac farm in wv so just finishin up a job so as i can get out to hunt for 10 days thanks for shareing your finds hope to share some of my finds from wv .And once again beautiful day in va :icon_sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
First time I saw a Henry.

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great saves hutch! congrats on the Henry, that lead has got a great patina on them :icon_thumright:

Cw

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
Cool Stuff. Do you know any of the guys at the firehouse? A fellow got transfered from Catlett a while back and I dug with him quite a bit. Just wondering if you might know him

OP
OP
Hutch911

Hutch911

May 19, 2008
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
vayank54 said:
Cool Stuff. Do you know any of the guys at the firehouse? A fellow got transfered from Catlett a while back and I dug with him quite a bit. Just wondering if you might know him

No I don't know anyone from the firehouse but if I was him I would be digging all around the building LOL.

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
wow they camped near your fire house too???? The soldiers must have camped around the fire houses and airports as there are camps at the Catlett & Marshall firehouses and camps at Stafford, Culpeper, Midland & Dulles airports and that's just the ones I can think of right off the bat :tongue3:. By the way I live in Catlett. SO STAY AWAY!!!!!! :laughing9:

diggervet

Dec 3, 2006
Mechanicsville, Va.
Detector(s) used
Deus XP/Nautilus 2B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
cool finds, you're right about the rain, it's been miserable and it's nice to finally see the sun again.

OP
OP
Hutch911

Hutch911

May 19, 2008
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
vayank54 said:
wow they camped near your fire house too???? The soldiers must have camped around the fire houses and airports as there are camps at the Catlett & Marshall firehouses and camps at Stafford, Culpeper, Midland & Dulles airports and that's just the ones I can think of right off the bat :tongue3:. By the way I live in Catlett. SO STAY AWAY!!!!!! :laughing9:

Humm Catlett I just might make my way there ;D I have not had a chance to dig down that way but maybe one day. here is a picture that shows the whole town filled with troops resupplying from the train station.

Attachments

• white-plains.jpg
    white-plains.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 321

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
That's not really Catlett in that picture. There were never any troops in Catlett, not one. ha ha Actually it was pretty much one big camp because of the railroad, rt 28, and cedar run. There was also a prison camp between Catlett and Calverton but that has been built on :'( I was raised up around here and have pounding the area for 40 years and still find a few things

OP
OP
Hutch911

Hutch911

May 19, 2008
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The picture is The Plains or White Plains back then.

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Hutch911 said:
The picture is The Plains or White Plains back then.
Well I told you it wasn't Catlett !!!! :tongue3: Guess I had better pay closer attention hadn't I? Sorry about that, I was trying to do more things than my mind is capable of handling, meaning 2, at one time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread