A few finds from the coastal area

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Hi all, it has been a very long time since I last posted. I finally went out for the 1st time this Winter. I went to a coastal area that I have been to before where I found a few military items and some very old 1600's buttons. Today I used my small SEF coil and just went very slowly. I ended up with some very old fishing sinkers, one that was cast really crude, some old copper boat nails, a few coins and tokens, musket balls and two rather unique looking buttons.

The small round button has what appears to be a bundle of wheat on it. The oval button which appears to be very old, square shank style has what appears to be some sort of mermaid?? There almost looks like an anchor in the lower right hand side. I don't know if this could be military related or not. I have found military things in this area in the past. All in all it was a very relaxing sunny day in the 40's here in NH. If you have any thoughts on the items that I found I will be happy to hear. Thank you for looking!

Ed-

DSC09708.JPG DSC09709.JPG DSC09711.JPG DSC09712.JPG DSC09717.JPG DSC09723.JPG DSC09725.JPG DSC09702.JPG DSC09704.JPG DSC09697.JPG DSC09699.JPG DSC09701.JPG

Upvote 0

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool - the wheat bundle button is actually a jacksonian era button with the rim missing. Love the early colonial cufflink!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a good linked-button/cufflink!

OP
OP
Ed-NH

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Thank you for the info on the cuff link. I found one similar in this area 3 years ago, not the same but the same shape. I never thought about this being a cuff link. With the wedge shank it certainly has some age to it. Best to all!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the info on the cuff link. I found one similar in this area 3 years ago, not the same but the same shape. I never thought about this being a cuff link. With the wedge shank it certainly has some age to it. Best to all!

Yeap late 18th C.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread