deathhare

Dec 29, 2008
Nashville, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was fantastic weather. 62 degrees and sunny. Just perfect for digging in the dirt. ;D
Went out near an abandoned railroad line and a field that was near the outer defenses of Atlanta during the CW. Hoped to find some CW relics again but found none. :(
I did find some clad in this field as well as 2 modern bullets, 3 shot gun shell ends, 2 wheat pennies (1941, 1951) and an interesting token. Its an Atlanta Transit Company token. Id never heard of that company even though I live in ATL. Apparently it ran from 1950-1972. I found the token in the same 3 foot area that I found the wheats so I guess it was probably dropped in the 50s or so.
Here's a little info on the company and shows another example of the token.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta_Transit_Company
DSC_0001-2.jpg

DSC_0003-2.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

Upvote 0
S

seger98

Nice finds, that top shotgun shell casing you have there is from the UMC co. they were bought by Remington back in 1911. When the shells started saying REM-UMC, so you have a good spot there, someone shot that before or around 1911.

Chris

OP
OP
deathhare

deathhare

Dec 29, 2008
Nashville, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seger98 said:
Nice finds, that top shotgun shell casing you have there is from the UMC co. they were bought by Remington back in 1911. When the shells started saying REM-UMC, so you have a good spot there, someone shot that before or around 1911.

Chris

Thank you for that information! :thumbsup:

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
deathhare,
glad you got out; neat finds.
You did not kill anything on this hunt? :D :wink:

Thanks for posting.

have a good un..
SHERMANVILLE

OP
OP
deathhare

deathhare

Dec 29, 2008
Nashville, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
You did not kill anything on this hunt? :D :wink:

I'm afraid I cant answer that.
The FBI is monitoring my posts. :-X

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
seger98 said:

Chris

i didn't know that...i found a few of them yesterday (still in the pouch)

Atlantian

Jan 28, 2009
Sandy Springs, G.A.
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, My eyes
Great job hey Death hare I sent you a PM I'd like to see when the next time your doing some hunting would really like to join ya... i hunted all day down in atlanta nothing really old but some interesting items I guess... I m game to hunt whenever so let me know

OP
OP
deathhare

deathhare

Dec 29, 2008
Nashville, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Atlantian said:
Great job hey Death hare I sent you a PM I'd like to see when the next time your doing some hunting would really like to join ya... i hunted all day down in atlanta nothing really old but some interesting items I guess... I m game to hunt whenever so let me know

Ah...too bad I didnt know. You could have joined me over there.
It was lots of trash digging too but the things i brought back made it worth it to me I guess.
It was fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread