A few finds with the AT Pro

Cletus

Nov 24, 2015
Winchester Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett AT Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been doing a lot of digging but not in the dirt. We got hit hard by a storm this weekend and ended up with 40" of snow.
So i have had plenty of time to go through my finds. I bought the AT Pro in the beginning of December.
I have had good luck with my other detector. but things really got fun when i bought the ATP.

My favorite finds have been the large cents. I have also found two Indian heads. one 1862 and a 1865.
I found a few bullets,a bone handle pocket knife, a harmonica, 4 eagle buttons. 3 mid size and one small , a pile of flat buttons and a few other things things from the civil war era.
Can't wait until this snow is gone so i can get back out there and do some digging

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's great Cletus.:thumbsup:

What's to the left of the Scouts Pin? It looks like an oblong Chinese coin.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The snow has shut me down too! Nice finds! The AT pro is a great machine!

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great group of relics for a short period of time. I to have the itch bad. We only got about 15 inches so I hope to get back out soon. Thanks for sharing

HH, Relic Nut

OP
OP
Cletus

Cletus

Nov 24, 2015
Winchester Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett AT Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rick i'm really not sure what that item is. I was thinking it was a saddle conch but really un sure

chrisdigs

Oct 1, 2015
Middle Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030,Garrett AT Pro,Garrett At MAX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds my friend hopefully that snow melts soon... 40" wow, good luck

acm3

Jan 2, 2016
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and
Garrett pinpointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice Finds and congrats on the AT Pro. Just bought mine too and love it. I am right down the road from you (in Warrenton). I can't wait until the snow clears out so I can hit the woods and fields again. Supposed to be in the high 50s next week!

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds.

I also saw your pic of the broken Fiskar's digger. The same thing happened to me but I still love the thing.
I bought 4 of them at Walmart in the fall for around 3 bucks each. I take a few kids hunting sometimes so it's great to have them to just pass them out.

I gave one to a friend who welded a nice stron piece of 5/8 steel pipe that really reenforced it. So far it hasn't moved a bit. I put a hand grip from a dirt bike over the handle and it's fantastic. I also sharpened the blade edge really well. Now it's not only a digger but also a great weapon. I always enjoy making things better and this one was a really easy fix.

I got the idea here:

Fiskar 'Big Grip' Digger Modifications.. - Friendly Metal Detecting Forums

It's a great mod.

I really like the Fiskar's tool mainly because the blade is so thin. I tried a few other inexpensive diggers but the blades are just too thick for my taste. The Fiskar's really cuts well; especially if you sharpen it. I can dig near perfect plugs with it and most of the time you can't even tell I've been digging when I'm done. You can't beat the price. Even when they're not on sale they only cost about 7-8 bucks.

Also, you can get a free replacement for the one you broke. They come with a lifetime guarantee.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread