deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday my boy and I got $250.00 in halves and 3 penny boxes.

All we found in the halves were 2-02's,1-03 and a 05.

The penny boxes were a joke.It seemed there was an awful lot of brand new 2013's mixed in the boxes?And all we found was a handful of wheats.

The back left box was the 2013's,the small box up front and all the copper and the big box the balance minus the 20 or so wheats we found.

Today we did a little bank hopping mainly looking for what ever halves we could find.We have better luck with CWR's vs. getting boxes.

Our first stop we got 3 rolls of halves,2 were a skunk and the third had 5- 69's.

Our next stop was only one roll,nothing.

Next bank the teller says she only has a few then turns and asks the other tellers if they have any halves,none had any.Our teller pulls out the 8 halves she has and says would you like them?
I could see one was silver and tell her,sure I'll take them all.

Our next and last bank for the day had no halves so we got a box of nickels and a box of pennies to look through at home.

I stopped at my credit union on the way home to ask about the coin counter they have there in the lobby and buying those coins.They don't like to deal with selling coins other then their business customers unless you order ahead of time.
While talking with the two tellers working at the time I asked them if they had any loose halves in their trays.The one teller says no and the other pulls out a half and says this is all I have,would you like it.
I see it silver and tell her sure.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We were averaging close to 20 a box before yesterday?

Coppercrazy after reading you thread "Holy Crap!!" I was also checking for Wide AM's.
Took forever doing a box.lol

OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting