A few finds

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Well I havent posted in a couple of weeks,thought Id show you folks what is in my finds cup. Havent had a lot of time to hunt,an hour here and there. Been hunting at a few promising places but not for very long. The ground has turned to concrete,no rain at all for several weeks,water conservation measures enacted,the whole nine yards. Dug a 10k small ring with a green stone at an old school house. Dug a merc at a house they are in the process of moving to widen the road right across the street from my old high school. They are tearing out a bunch of trees and grading an area where a bunch of houses used to sit a couple of blocks from my house should provide a lot of hunting and easy digging for most of the summer. I dug up a bent silver rosey there and a wheat one evening this weekend. Hunted a spot where an old farmers cabin used to sit on my in-laws property down in KY. Been a very tough area,they must have truly been dirt poor,Ive hunted it at least 6 or 7 hours in 3 or 4 trips and Ive managed one wheat that was worn so smooth couldnt tell it wasawheat without olive oil.My big find down there this trip was a spoon handle. Had a chance to visit a very old ferry landing down in KY that I researched. The area dates back to the late 1700s. The ferry operated up untill the early 50's when the ferry pilot(my mother-in-laws grandfather)fell off the ferry and drowned. The area that I was hoping to hunt in had weeds totally covering it chest high,they were a nasty variety too,whenever a leaf would tough any exposed skin it would immediately begin to itch and burn terribly,almost to the point of madness. The areas that we were able to hunt gave up a ton of bullets of all shapes and sizes,just one coin though a memmy,hope to get back downthere this winter. Also dug up a .925 dog charm from a tot lot me and one of my twins hunted for a bit. Heres a few pics. 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

A not so good pic of a project Im working on that consumes entirely too much of my time and money
4.jpg

Hers a shot of my favorite son Mr.Stewart relaxing on a hot afternoon.
6.jpg

The person I probably admire the most in the world died fathers day,my papa(grandpa). He lived to be 87,flew a B-24 over Germany in the war,21 missions. He was really a wonderful person and was much loved by everyone who knew him. Im glad I made a very concious effort to see and talk to him as often as possible over the years,I never put it off because I had something more important to do. If you guys have some older folks that you keep meaning to go and visit with dont put it off this time. Thanks for looking...Shoot

Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shoot,
I don't know where to begin? Great post, pictures, and finds. Love the relics, and congrats on the silver coins and jewelry.
I'm very sorry to hear about your papa. Sounds like a fantastic man. I wish I could see mine more often, but he lives in Indiana.
Take care,
MM

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul :)

Sorry about the loss :'(

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
shootist,

sorry to hear of your loss.
Prayers for you and yours.

Now on with life.

Nice group of finds.
Sounds like you have few good places to
hunt.

Hope you find a bunch more.

Again, sorry about the loss of your Dad.

you and yours have a good un......
SHERMANVILLE

diggitdoggie

Sep 26, 2006
Ohio
Shoot,
I am sorry about your loss. No loss is ever easy and on certain days they are more profound. (I lost my mother on Mother's Day many years ago.)
The best advice I was ever given was..don't remember the pain of the loss, remember the joy of the time spent together.
But it sounds as if you already know that. :)

Congrats on great finds and looking forward to reading of many more.

DD

R

RUDY2003

Shoot, sorry for your loss too.
Very good post and pics. Great finds.
Mr Steward looks relaxed.

Keep safe and keep diggin'...

Life goes on..

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a lot of loot---Great finds.

Very sorry to hear of your loss--He was a great man and a true hero.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry to hear about your Papa, Shoot. :-\

Congrats on all those great finds... :)

Nana