cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They make up for the absolutely zero $$ in buys last weekend.

At 2nd stop I see some candlesticks on a table as I walk onto the driveway. Usually I just walk around pretending not to be interested in anything but these were bigger than most and there were quite a few people walking around. So I immediately go the the candlesticks and see they are tagged "$1 set" I grabbed both and then checked the bottom to see if they were silver. :icon_thumright: yep :icon_thumleft: weighted sterling by Gorham.

When I got home I weighed the pair. 996.5 grams. My theory is most weighted pieces yield 10% sterling. I will let you do the math. After I tore them down the skin weighed 113.3 grams ;D (3.64 oz)

I also bought some earrings at another sale. The lady asked $10 she said they were all silver and a little gold. The only thing marked was a black hills gold earring set. I tested all yesterday. All the silver was just costume. She either lied to me or she thought she was buying sterling. But the two pair of gold tested as gold. So $10 = $125 ;D

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Cyber-D. I've learned a lot from reading your post. Now if I can only find the good stuff like you do.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
s.c.shooter said:
Way to go Cyber-D. I've learned a lot from reading your post. Now if I can only find the good stuff like you do.
I hit 20 - 35 yardsales every saturday. Gotta do it in volumn, odds are in your favor, hit enough sales you will strike gold ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread