A Few Hours This Morning at the Claim

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
The wife and I took a ride to the claim this morning. Started of with some shooting then to work. We almost bailed as the mosquitos were thick. I ran my A52 with my homemade classifier screen as shown in the pictures below. Didn't do too bad for a few hours.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1462065204.680339.jpg
I didn't get a picture of it in the creek but it sure saved time. And to be honest, a BGT would have been the right tool. One of these days.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1462065227.015999.jpg

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well after I see what you got there and wouldn't worry about the bazooka.............great take there!

RookmanGold

Dec 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wonderful.... I like the look of those chunkies off on the right 🙂

OP
OP
QNCrazy

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Thanks. I haven't had much luck on the claim. This was the best production I've had so far and only 3 hours. With the heavy rainfall this winter, I was able to observe the creek in high flow and see the different low pressure zones. This gold was found in one of those zones. Last summer, just 3 feet to the right, I was getting some fine gold, 50s and 100s. 3 feet to the left, in the middle of the high water flood line (DRY), same thing with the exception of one flake the size of my pinky nail. I took video of different sections of my creek in high flow. Time to do some more studying.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread