Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here?s a few finds from a 2 hour hunt this week, they are unusual and I hope to get a better idea as to what they are. Also found a few buttons and musket balls. Here is a military button with a 7 on it.
7Button.jpg

This is a coin with the word ?cent? near the bottom, I can?t read the denomination, looks like it may be a 2. Has a sitting sphinx to the left and its head is looking right. Did some research and can?t figure out where it?s from. May be from the 1800s. The plow got it and it is bent.
cent110406.jpg

Reverse of the cent coin. I can?t make out much here, wanted to get a few second opinions before I start trying to clean and restore the coins.
Cent110406R.jpg

My European forum friends quickly IDed the coin, home court advantage and they really know about their history, LOL! The coin is a 2 Centime from Belgian minted from 1830-1910. Mine looks like an 1877. Hey Bob V, I found one of yours, LOL! Here's a borrowed pic of what mine should look like.
18359ga.jpg

This could be a very old lead token or maybe a d?cor piece. Shows some writing on the legend and the image is hard make anything of. First thought was a token or a seal matrix but???
normal_leadcoinO.jpg

Reverse of the lead piece is blank and flat, again, the plow got it. This is the frustrating part of farm field hunting, a very interesting relic, damaged.
leadcoinR.jpg

This is a nice relic that I think is a compass to make circles. 5.6cm in length and is obviously hinged at the right. Metal looks to be bronze. Thanks for looking and I welcome any opinions as to what I have found, LOL! HH, Mike
Compass4-11-06.jpg

Upvote 0

Glenn-RI

Sep 22, 2005
Cranston
Hi Mike,

Nice finds. I think the last item pictured is a pair of dividers. It would have been used to just spread open to measure a distance. Some dividers do have bent tips to measure inside holes. However, both tips are usually bent. I think yours was originally straight. Hope this helps.

Glenn

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Really Nice Mike ! The coins are great ! Are you finding these in plowed fields? Mona Lisa just found one of those divider things also at her foundation site.

L

lancemxt2006

wow the plows can really do some damage to the finds...

the two cent peice is in really nice shape though. it looks like an 1875 in the scan.

take it easy.

Lance

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds Mike. All your finds look ancient. Looks like a good couple hrs to me.

HH Jer

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Mike. Hey I found one of those 2cent coins but I can't make out a date. That is real cool.I did not know where the coin was from. Thanks much. :)

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250; Minelab Explorer II
The last relic is unbelievable!!! Congratulations Mike

BOB VALDEZ

Jan 8, 2006
that is SUPER !

Nice finds, great pictures, super presentation, Mike ! You are doing SO well. + Thank you for sharing this with us ! :)

BOB VALDEZ, Belgium

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
excellent Mike- keep it coming,

hh

lonewolfe

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful finds Mike!

Nana ;)

S

southbound

Mike, you really know how to find the good stuff! Must be all those years of practice! HA!HA! Vern

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread