nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last year at this same time I discovered a homesite and we made some really nice finds including the best find I thought was a War of 1812 era Militia Riflemans button, than we found 4 large cents, Spanish half Reale, numerous flat buttons and a Gold Wedding band from the Late 1800's.

The Landowner thought the finds were Impressive, but was Super Excited about the Wedding band. He was telling me that it must had been his Grandmothers that had been lost so many years ago. I presented it to him which he displays proudly with some other finds in his home.

Well the other day I got to get out for the first time this year for a couple hours and hit the site that we detected some last year. The finds were minimal but did find some lantern parts, a old pocket knife, flat button and another Wedding band !!! this one is actually brass with no markings, I was thinking it possibly was the Grandfathers or maybe even older making it their Parents. The Brass Ring carries no beauty but to the Landowner that I will present this ring too as well, so he can display with the other ring as a reminder of his Families bond of the 19th Century.

IMG_0243.JPG IMG_0256.JPG Brass Wedding Band.jpg

JimK

Aug 19, 2009
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How cool is that? I really like the story about the rings. The relics are very cool also. I hope to find some locations to try my luck at some older stuff. Thanks for posting. Very nice finds.

JimK

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great story! Can't wait to see what else you turn up.

Thanks Jamie, I dug something that just amazed me yesterday right here in Kentucky. a 1787 New Jersey Copper , to be here in Ky in the middle of a Farm is something I just wasn't expecting. Bill

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks, It was totally unexpected and it has shown me that about anything is possible here in Kentucky, we just have to just keep following the past.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Thanks, It was totally unexpected and it has shown me that about anything is possible here in Kentucky, we just have to just keep following the past.

Agreed. A friend of mine has located a colonial settlement in Kentucky, you would be amazed at the things he's found. Jaw dropping stuff. He's a member of Tnet but doesn't post much. Next time I see him I'll ask if he'll let me post some images of his finds. Otherwise, he's pretty tight lipped about his detecting.

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Agreed. A friend of mine has located a colonial settlement in Kentucky, you would be amazed at the things he's found. Jaw dropping stuff. He's a member of Tnet but doesn't post much. Next time I see him I'll ask if he'll let me post some images of his finds. Otherwise, he's pretty tight lipped about his detecting.[/QUOTE

that would be nice, hopefully he will share some of the images I would Love to see them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread