SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
A few leftovers from last year's button hotspot

Spent a ton of time over the summer researching new sites, and then made a long scouting trip the other day to check some of them out. But out of the 30+ sites I drove by only a couple were huntable as the crops were still in. One of them was one of my favorite sites from last year. It's where I found the early coin spill as well as dug 200+ buttons in another spot in the field. The corn had been cut in the button area so I gave it a shot for 2-3 hours this morning. I thought I'd cleaned that place out pretty good last season, but another 10 buttons made their way into my finds pouch. The best of the lot was a nice early Navy with a "Superfine Colour" backmark. Nothing great (and no silver!), but at least I got out and started the new season out without getting skunked.

Attachments

• 092512a.JPG
    092512a.JPG
    214.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 092512b.JPG
    092512b.JPG
    226.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 092512c.JPG
    092512c.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 91
  • 092512d.JPG
    092512d.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 5
Alright, Bill! The picture of that field and your finds have my blood pumping hard. I am going to do a scouting trip on Thursday with my son to see which fields are cut. I am ready to hunt hard. Alright, Bill!

Kirk

Glad to see things starting to open up down there for you to start hunting Bill. I look forward to your posts over the next 6 months or so, especially when we are frozen solid up here. I have a feeling you will be making some killer finds!

Congratulations on the naval button today :thumbsup:

Real nice button. Much better day than finding nothing. :headbang:

Research pays off, that's for sure. Nice finds.

nice finds, just revvin up the engine for the colonial silver :headbang:

Bill D back in business:icon_thumleft:

That is a sweet looking button..

I have not had much luck lately..You know how it goes..

Blaze

uh oh...the colonial relic season has officially started! That Navy button is great Bill.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back