A few maine finds

jbl04410

Feb 11, 2007
Hermon,Maine
Detector(s) used
My eagle eyes
100_1187.jpg

Here are some last year finds.The first piece is a partial ground blade.The second is some kind of broken sharpening rod.The rest various types of points
100_1186.jpg

Heres a couple spear tips and a couple tools I'm not certain what they are.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jbl04410

Feb 11, 2007
Hermon,Maine
Detector(s) used
My eagle eyes
the spear point is about 6 and 1/2 inches and was obviously broken.Thats why the patina is different from top to bottom.While I'm on this subject whats your opinon on glueing stuff together.This point was glued because its easier to display........

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
Cool- ground stone blades/points are very rare! Is the long slender piece next to it in the first pic a trade pipe stem?

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey I think gluing is fine as it beats finding only half. I've got an old Florida point that is glued, and really gnarly but it's one of my favorites. Thanks for the pics.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat finds, JBL! ;D

;) RR

OP
OP
J

jbl04410

Feb 11, 2007
Hermon,Maine
Detector(s) used
My eagle eyes
No Cannonman its some type of rod it all most looks like a sharpening steel only made of stone.Some ceremonial rods have been found but they are usually larger up to a couple of feet and with a larger circumference.I can tell you there are no holes at either end.Other than that all I can say is that it was found in the thick of things therefore guilty by association.

OP
OP
J

jbl04410

Feb 11, 2007
Hermon,Maine
Detector(s) used
My eagle eyes
O.K. ronc now you went and started it.We not only have lot of artifacts but we got a lot of blueberries ,mosquitoes and big, coffee-brandy swilling hairy ladies God love'm.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread