A few Montana pictures

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Taken near Missoula, MT. on a cloudy day.

IMG_5257_571_572_573_574_63_tonemapped.jpg

IMG_5249_1_2_3_4_fused.jpg

IMG_5240_1_2_3_4_5_6_fused.jpg

IMG_5259And8more_fused.jpg

IMG_5250_1_2_3_4_tonemapped.jpg

Last edited:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Really nice pics. My sister lives 14 miles outside of Kalispell going toward Glacier. She loves it after years in Los Angeles. She emailed me today that she needed a tire and didn't want to run her spiked ones until winter. That's why I live in San Antonio. Have you ever heard Jewel's song about Missoula? It's on youtube. Again, your pics are beautiful...

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Really nice pics. My sister lives 14 miles outside of Kalispell going toward Glacier. She loves it after years in Los Angeles. She emailed me today that she needed a tire and didn't want to run her spiked ones until winter. That's why I live in San Antonio. Have you ever heard Jewel's song about Missoula? It's on youtube. Again, your pics are beautiful...
Thanks for your comments austin,

I live in a deep snow area also, and used to do the studded tire thing. I don't any more, just use all season tires. ( Do have a 4x4 though ) Can't say i ever heard that song, will have to look it up when time allows.

Sidevalve45

Apr 8, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Sharp Shooter
Very nice pictures. My dad and brother and I went into the Bob Marshal wilderness area on two fishing trips a number of years ago. We stayed in Lincoln (Home of the unibomber) which is not real far from Missoula if I remember right. Does the river happen to be the Blackfoot?

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Very nice pictures. My dad and brother and I went into the Bob Marshal wilderness area on two fishing trips a number of years ago. We stayed in Lincoln (Home of the unibomber) which is not real far from Missoula if I remember right. Does the river happen to be the Blackfoot?
Thanks Sidevalve and All,

I think that is the Clark Fork river, if my memory is right. At least that's what it said when I crossed some bridges in that area.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool part of the country and I hope to run up there some time. I did the studded tire thing when I first come here. They won't sell you just two studded tires at most places here in the mountains; you got to buy four. I gave that up and now keep good tires, plus I broke down and got 'quatro por quatro'. Best thing to remember is you got 4-wheel drive but you don't got 4-wheel stop. (Good advice for all my Texas cousins fixin to come up here next month.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread