A Few More Buttons

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I think I've finally cleaned out the colonial spot that I've been hunting. I put the T2 in all metal today and rescanned the area. Pulled some very deep buttons which makes me wonder if there's some coins down really deep. This makes a total of 32 buttons from this spot. Some fancy and some plain. Noticed that one of Saturdays buttons had some gold color underneath the top layer. I hit it with a but of naval jelly and it's kind of interesting looking. Also found a pewter button today with a ferrous shank.
This site has produced the 32 colonial buttons, a 1787 Connecticut copper cent, a beautiful 1802 DB Large Cent. 2 shoe buckle frames, a monogrammed silver spoon piece, and best of all very little trash. This was a fun one all will certainly help the button display. Thanks for looking and best of luck out there guys, Abe
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Upvote 11

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your button collection is quickly becoming one to rival people who have been doing this for years! Congrats to you Abe. Hope the next site is kind to you as well.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!Nothing beats finding dandy buttons, especially with designs on them.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer hunt my friend. Those buttons are awesome. Congrats on another great one.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your button collection is quickly becoming one to rival people who have been doing this for years! Congrats to you Abe. Hope the next site is kind to you as well.
Thanks OD! It's nice to have so many big dandy buttons with nice designs. The next site I've got my eye on has some pretty ridiculous history. Starting in 1608 and sporadically until about 1690. Nothing more recent. 2 forts and a 1614 fishing settlement. Then in the 1680s there were about 70 people there attempting to escape the native hostilities. It should be a fun one and it's not very big

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!Nothing beats finding dandy buttons, especially with designs on them.

Thanks Tim I think about 20 from this site are designed. Should definitely help the button display

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer hunt my friend. Those buttons are awesome. Congrats on another great one.
Thank you buddy might head to a new one for a bit. Maybe back in the fall

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good work bud, now back to the grind! Going to be very hot in my neck of the woods, glad to see you were not fighting with any more yellow jackets!

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Colonial buttons agin Abe ! Awesome finds ! I was playing in late 19th early 20th century trash all weekend . Next weekend I have what should be a good colonial hunt planned with Lookingforbust . keeping my fingers crossed but it should be a good one ! MR

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome buttons bud! So many come up blank, but the design on yours is great! Keep up the good work

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Colonial buttons agin Abe ! Awesome finds ! I was playing in late 19th early 20th century trash all weekend . Next weekend I have what should be a good colonial hunt planned with Lookingforbust . keeping my fingers crossed but it should be a good one ! MR
Very cool bud. I love heading for a new colonial site. Good luck man I'll be waiting to see your great colonial digs

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good work bud, now back to the grind! Going to be very hot in my neck of the woods, glad to see you were not fighting with any more yellow jackets!
Thanks bud. Think I'll hit a new one for a bit and go back in the fall

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking good man! I know a good one is hiding in there for you.
Thanks Dan! Glad I got the nice DB out of there and a couple nice buckles but I am really hoping there's something special out there

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome buttons bud! So many come up blank, but the design on yours is great! Keep up the good work
Thanks buddy if was awesome to get so many designed buttons

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds. Congrats

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
wow, you are going to have to expand to display your buttons properly. must be really awesome to pull the out of the ground, to be able to see the various differences between them and to wonder who lost them. a lot of very cool history there.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may well have it hunted out, but more often than not you could be very surprised what can turn up after the frost leaves next spring. One of my first older sites I hunted a few times, even a couple of times with snow on, so it was gridded well in three directions, next spring I got three more coppers in just one short hunt.

That said nothing better than a new (old) site that is target rich.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing that fun dig and those pictures

Top Member Reactions