A few more keepers this afternoon.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out for a bit today. I went to a couple of yards of the first yard had a lot of deep clad and one wheatie. I also got that nice silver ring about 7" deep. It isn't marked, but it is definately silver. Probably done in a high school metal shop from a melted silver quarter.

Then I met up with Lee and Larry at one of the local parks and dug an 1890 Indian Head cent, 4 more wheats, and that 1938 Chevrolet Member pin. I can't make out the rest of it yet. Gotta soak it.

11-18-06.JPG

11-18-06-2.JPG

Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Nice digs Brian! Congrats on the rings and cool coins.
How many IHs does that give you this year now?

Smiles!
BDoo

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boobydoo said:
Nice digs Brian! COngrats i=on the rings and cool coins.
How many IHs does that give you this year now?

Smiles!
BDoo

That puts me at 73 on the year. I think there is a good chance I could hit 80 for the year if I can find the time to get out and hunt.

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Brian! Congrats on the great day and thanks for sharing with everyone.

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta Love that ring Brian, nice find and won't be long and you'll have 80 IH's.

I bet if you look at those deep clad coins they are dates just beyong silver. We have been hunting
a site, Happy Trails and have dug deep clad, only to find that it is dated around the early 60's. So bet there is silver at your site. Hope you find some of it.

HH< Ringfinder

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Congratulations Brian I can always count on your for some great finds. WOW that ring looks like its a whopper in weight. Nice ring. And you gotta be the IH king. I think about 95% of the posts I have seen with you has had one IH to a tribe.

Great digs,

Postalrevnant

DigMO

Sep 29, 2006
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX,Whites 6000 Di PRO SL
That's more great finds.That chevy pin is cool.Like to see a pic of that after it's cleaned up.Thanks for sharing.

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
Nice silver ring. When I was a kid my dad showed me how people used to make rings from a silver quarter. They would beat the edges with a spoon, round and round. When it resembled a ring, then they would drill out the silver coin center, use a round file to make it smooth, and walah--a silver ring. Yours may have been made that way, then taken to the high school shop and the "S" added to it. Nice find.

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Gemologist said:
You seem to be one busy guy, how do you pic your sites?

Maybe i can apply the same stragety here in seattle

Well I am lucky and have two parks between 50-100 acres each within 3 miles of my house that were each opened around 1905 or so. But the pickings are slim these days. I hunt with some old timers that used to hunt these same parks in the 1970s and they said there would be at least a dozen guys there hunting every day of the week.

As for the houses, wherever I can get permission to hunt I hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions