A few of the yard etc.

TN_MD

Jan 6, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Radio Shack 2v6 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD , And a Homebuilt M.D.
Just a little place in Tennessee. is all not much but it's ours.

and yes I know the fence around the garden is not going to stop the Deer as I looked out yesterday morning and there was a Doe standing in the middle of the Garden. ??? the spot with the concrete blocks is the burn pit, we have a couple of annual bonfires every year. ( had someone ask so there it is)

Karl

Attachments

• YARD01.jpg
    YARD01.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 256
  • YARD02.jpg
    YARD02.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 254
  • YARD03.jpg
    YARD03.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 252
  • YARD04.jpg
    YARD04.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 259
  • YARD05.jpg
    YARD05.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 249

Tn Gizmo

Sep 4, 2007
Moss, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Compass 77B ; whites 6000D ; Garrett Master Hunter CX w/Treasure Hound (two box); Minelab Exp. II
Howdy neighbor, Sounds like I'm not the only one with a deer problem. Only about three steps from the edge of my garden to the woods...makes it real handy for the deer. Thanks for sharing some of your corner of the world. Have a great day.
Richard

OP
OP
TN_MD

TN_MD

Jan 6, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Radio Shack 2v6 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD , And a Homebuilt M.D.
Hello Richard, I am about 2 hours from you, I am in the geographical Center of Tennesee.

And Yep need to figure out something to keep the deer out ???

Karl

Royal

May 19, 2011
Deer are pretty easy to stop

TN_MD said:
Just a little place in Tennessee. is all not much but it's ours.

and yes I know the fence around the garden is not going to stop the Deer as I looked out yesterday morning and there was a Doe standing in the middle of the Garden. ???

Karl

I live right in the woods in Michigan and the deer used to eat all my hosta and anything else they could get at. I put up an electric fence, not the one you usually see around a garden but less than two ft high and I have not had ONE plant eaten in three years. Not one. I get a chance today I will take some pic's and post them.

I am new to this forum, well not really, I posted here 15 + years ago :D

OP
OP
TN_MD

TN_MD

Jan 6, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Cool would like to see how u have that set up.

Thanks

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once worked where we were in charge of a canal and we would lose over 100 deer a year in it from drowning even though chain link fence ran the entire length. Exact height I don't remember. I made a suggestion once but it was never incorporated. They were talking about installing yet a higher chain link fence that ran for miles on each side of the canal. I suggested, based on theory alone, putting brackets on the existing fence posts and then running one or two wires from bracket to bracket the entire length. Wouldn't even have to be electric. My theory was, and still is, that if the deer got between the fence and the wire/wires it would be too close to make the jump. If he was outside the wire, he would be too far away. Something like this sketch. A lot cheaper than tearing down and replacing all that fence. That canal is being run by another entity now so I don't know what was finally decided.

Attachments

• fence.jpg
    fence.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 200
  • fencea.jpg
    fencea.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 196

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Place looks nice. We used to tie white ribbons from trees or put lifebuoy soap bars in panty hose and hang em up to keep the deer away. One worked about as good as the other, until the deer got used to them.

OP
OP
TN_MD

TN_MD

Jan 6, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Thanks, white ribbons I have heard of , but the lifebouy soap is a new one to me. thanks for the ideas.

Karl

OP
OP
TN_MD

TN_MD

Jan 6, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Well I am not touching that statement !! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread