A few "old" rocks but cool anyway.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I was out working in the tree fields today and it was sweltering hot. I happened upon several broken points which makes you catch a small breeze but when I came across this big one I was feeling quite alright. I love the broken ones but really get a kick out of the good ones too. I am thinking the big one may be an unfinished spear head or a "squaws" tomahawk. Any ideas or suggestions on age? SAM_0566.JPG SAM_0567 (1).JPG

Upvote 10

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET .

ClovisOak

Jul 11, 2012
Chicagoland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Bounty Hunter, Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds of spearheads! They all fall into the Archaic time period in my opinion so they range from 9000 to 2500 years old. I agree the larger one is preform, and the bottom left and upper left are Calf-Creek variants.
HH

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, Kingskid1611. I love the old points and Indian artifacts.

OP
OP
kingskid1611

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back out today and noticed they dozed the old county road to the creek. Guess what I will be doing after the first rain....:tongue3:

WildWildBill

Banned
Jan 1, 2015
Orange Park, Fl
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 950/White's Bullseye pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like two in the pic on the left may be blunts. Commonly if an Indian broke a point they would resharpen it, or if not possible they would you it as a scraper. If it's worn down to a bevel where the tip would have been then it's a hafted scraper/blunt. The larger tool is a celt. Commonly used for multi-purpose. That broken bifurcate base on the left would have been a killer! Had some long ears.....one is still there. Great eyeball finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread