56259DF3-D89B-57B5-847D6AC355925058.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 330
Upvote 0

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
But you are still getting finds!!

Hey... double the Dr.s' appointments with your trips... just spend a little more time wherever it is you drive to MDing!

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
There are some decent finds in there. I'm sorry to hear you can't get to better places. I know I have been taking trips farther and farther from home to get to the good stuff.

Take your metal detector to your next doctor's aptm. and make some stops.

Eupho17

Mar 10, 2007
And you got a souvenir penny too- I collect them, they're great.

You got a nice one, too. Good, clean image, well-centered. Keep it!

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
Hey Snuffy, Wow! Two ENG's in a week. A 45 and a 91. I have never found one and I'll bet. No one else here has either. Any idea what they are?

T

TreasureTales

There have been so many days that finding what you found would have made me quite happy. Your stuff is good. Take your detector with you where ever you go, you never know where treasure is waiting for you. Also, you could eyeball the parking area and see if folks dropped stuff worth picking up. Look along the fence line for cash that blew there and stuck up against the fence.

Functional

Feb 16, 2007
Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada
Detector(s) used
A Compass Magnum 420 recently brought back to life. And an untested "in the wild" Teknetics.
Mr.Snuffy? You might want to skip this post. I was just rambling on and I think it went overtime.

We pay about $1.10 Canadian per litre here in B.C. One U.S. gallon equals 3.785 litre's, (1 litre = 0.2642 U.S. gallons, for those taking notes).
So, 3.785 litre's = $4.1635 Canadian money, or about $3.56 U.S. per U.S. gallon :-\ , (at the current exchange rate of $1.17 Canadian to $1 U.S.). And considering we usually have to run our vehicles longer to warm them up in winter and that many of our destinations are much farther apart due to lower population density, we tend to use more fuel per capita.

So, your not alone when it comes to the costs of living. I'm fortunate that I have a gold bearing river withing 50 miles here and as the weather warms enough that the old arthritis allows, (it doesn't like temperatures below 10C./50F.), I'll be out with the MD's and my gold pan. I don't get rich from the gold panning, but it can make a costly vacation trip, into a fun freebie trip, with a little left over. In the past, (when gold was still about $380 U.S.), I've made about $50 to $80 a day just panning and relaxing. Now that the prices are so high, I'm really looking forward to taking the old travel trailer I'm renovating and just taking a few weeks at a time to treasure hunt and pan.

Usually its not what you find, but where you find it and who you meet along the way. Never know when someone will open that door of opportunity by telling you a story about some old building, campgound, or treasure tale with a ring of truth to it. Even before I salvaged my old MD's from a recycling station, I would pay serious attention to where I walked, spotting coins and jewelry right on top of the ground, that so many people had missed.

Just by looking around and paying attention, I've run across 4 gold rings in areas with high amounts of foot traffic over the past 2 summers, (2 - 14K and 2 - 18K), along with an assortment of clad found while walking alongside the highway. I don't know why, but people seem to loose change, (or throw it out the car window), along the highway where theres no parking, or place where they have any reason to stop. I've never followed this up by taking an MD along side the highway, as I didn't own one back then, but I'm sure considering it this summer now that I have two MD's, (both of which will need some TLC before I put them to work).

Most people would tell you to keep your head up when things aren't going your way. To me that would be limiting my ability. Best advice I can give is to stay alert to your surroundings, wherever you find yourself to be.

Now I'll go have a coffee and wake up. :D

F.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread