Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys. My DFX broke down on me during our 4th of July trip to our cottage, and it’s still in the process of repair…so I’m getting itchy here…but in the meantime, my White’s Classic 3 has been serving me not too shabbily. I actually used it at the Iceberg yesterday, but that’s for the next post.

I kept the finds from each hunt separate; I don’t remember exactly where every group of finds was from, but yea.

This was from a sweet hunt at an elementary school that we don't end up hunting very often. There's a nice big fat silver ring in there, although it's pretty tarnished.
June29A.jpg

June29B.jpg

This group of finds was from my favorite local school to hunt. The earring is unmarked but I know it's gold. I wouldn't have found it either...I just flipped the plug back, and saw the shiny gold sticking out of the top of the plug, and a quarter (the original signal), was sitting at the bottom of the hole. Also a nice clear 1923 date on the buffalo.
June29C.jpg

June29D.jpg

No idea where this stuff came from. :icon_scratch:
July19B.jpg

This was from an old school that we hadn't been to in over a year. I had found an 1872 IH and a 1876 seated dime there, both with great detail, last year. The finds were meager, but that was to be expected. I haven't given up on this site yet, as the coins are super deep and easy to miss.
July19A.jpg

This is the only group of finds that I found with the Classic. Being a DFX user for 3+ years, I still give props to that detector and think it's a great substitute.
July19C.jpg

This last batch was found on our cottage trip. I found the silver dime right before the complications arose. We aslo met up with Goldiver on that trip, who was gracious enough to let me use one of his spares and allow us to detect at one of his supreme sites. Thanks Goldiver!
July19D.jpg

July19E.jpg

Thanks for looking yall, enjoy the summer and HH

Upvote 0

silvergirl

Jul 12, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
prizm IV and MXT
:icon_profileright: Nice finds. It was a good thing you had a backup. I have a prizm IV and a MXT with a 12 inch coil. I really like my MXT. It came with a 9 inch coil. I am glad I upgraded. I can scan faster and deeper. It has been so hot and wet lately that I haven't detected sice the fourth. Hope to get out soon. H.H.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nate,
It looks like it doesn't matter which machine you use, you still come home with the goods. :thumbsup:
Great job on the gold, silver, and Buff.
Being without a machine is like being without a computer or cell phone in today's world. :wink:
Congrats,
Doug

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silvergirl said:
:icon_profileright: Nice finds. It was a good thing you had a backup. I have a prizm IV and a MXT with a 12 inch coil. I really like my MXT. It came with a 9 inch coil. I am glad I upgraded. I can scan faster and deeper. It has been so hot and wet lately that I haven't detected sice the fourth. Hope to get out soon. H.H.

Yea White's has a nice array of detectors from what I gather. I hope my wait doesn't last much longer either, good luck when you get out.

ModernMiner said:
Nate,
It looks like it doesn't matter which machine you use, you still come home with the goods. :thumbsup:
Great job on the gold, silver, and Buff.
Being without a machine is like being without a computer or cell phone in today's world. :wink:
Congrats,
Doug

lol yea that's what it kinda feels like...but oh well, its making me get certain stuff done that i always mean to do but never get around to...heh but yea thanks you two

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:thumbsup:
Boy you sure do have some rough soil conditions. When I was in Oklahoma all of the coins I dug were black. Minerals do crazy stuff to coins.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

stormfighter

Mar 23, 2008
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
DFX
Great Finds! What happened to your DFX.I have one,it is my only machine.I think I will need detox if mine broke.I use mine pretty heavy on dirt,and beach.Do you know what caused the damages. DAN

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stormfighter said:
Great Finds! What happened to your DFX.I have one,it is my only machine.I think I will need detox if mine broke.I use mine pretty heavy on dirt,and beach.Do you know what caused the damages. DAN

Well, I was hunting and noticed the display box starting to slide off...it was connected by a ribbon cable. I kept stopping to push it back into place. The screen got all garbled and unreadable, and when I went to turn it off, I realized that I couldn't, because the buttons on the display didn't work. So we kinda operated on it and secured the ribbon cable which made the buttons funtionable, but I still couldn't read anything on the display, which is fine when I'm hunting because I can just go by tones, but consequently, I can't load up any programs and scroll through and edit the settings if I can't read anything on the menu/display, but apparently they called and the screen is just blurry now after a quick operation. To fully fix it, it would be like $80 extra...so I think I'm gonna risk it and see how long I can last...I'm fine as long as I can make out the words. So we'll see.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread