kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Had a beautiful blanket of fog this morning, with the sun climbing up behind the clouds. Unfortunately, my camera doesn't accept filters. :crybaby2:

Morning Fog in the Sunrise.JPG

Our soon-to-be-mother Groundhog. She has come back to the same den as many generations before her. Shots were taken through old window glass, so images have distorted waves in them.

Groundhog.1.JPG

Groundhog.2.JPG

A few of our regulars here in the north country. Shots were taken through old window glass, so images have distorted waves in them.

White Tail.1.jpg

White Tail.2.JPG

White Tail.3.JPG

We were having a nice, dry Spring until...... The result?

2.Afternoon Rainbow - right.JPG

And one hour later....

3.Afternoon Rainbow - 1 hour later.JPG

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice wide open country. How far NW are you in Paul Bunyan land ?

OP
OP
kcm

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
So far that ol' Paul usually gets lost. :tongue3: We're almost close enough to throw snowballs at the Canadians....assuming any would be dumb enough to be out there in the middle of winter. There's only about 12 households in our entire township!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minnesota is the place of my birth. We latter moved to the greater Chicago area and for years after me and my Dad would head up to do some fishing once or twice a year around Bemidji. Lot of wonderful memories being on the Lake with just me and my Dad. Sometimes my mom's dad and my grandpa would go along also, but I don't think my dad enjoyed him along as much, as he was a natural fisherman and always caught the biggest fish when he came along.

Attachments

• mosquito.jpg
    mosquito.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 71
OP
OP
kcm

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Got a river just a mile from us (is almost riverfront property right now! :cussing:) but have yet to go fishing in the almost-20 years I've lived here. Course, don't have any rods/reels now either. Lost them in an auto accident - probably about 40; maybe more. All because we didn't take the time to buy $10 worth of insurance. Probably wouldn't have helped anyhow. The insurance company is STILL trying to get ownership of the vehicle they paid for 1 1/2 years ago!! :sign10: We're supposed to be getting yet another Power of Attorney form for the vehicle. Can already tell you they'll have the name wrong again! And get this - they're still overnighting the forms - like it makes a difference after 1 1/2 years!!
ROFL - Copy.gif

Homeland Security.jpg

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
So far that ol' Paul usually gets lost. :tongue3: We're almost close enough to throw snowballs at the Canadians....assuming any would be dumb enough to be out there in the middle of winter. There's only about 12 households in our entire township!

Boy..you are in the boonies.:laughing7:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That groundhog looks big enough to feed a family of 4! She is huge:laughing7:. Very nice pics. I hoped I was going to get to see a rainbow the other night but no dice. Just storm clouds and heavy rain.

OP
OP
kcm

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Can't find the pic right now, but we were coming back from a doctor appt. in Bemidji a few years back when we had to stop and take some pics of multiple rainbows. Can't remember for sure - was either 4 or 5!! Had never seen that before. Have seen 3 at a time a few times.

That groundhog still has many years ahead of her. I think she is 3 this year? ....Either 2 or 3. The old Mama Groundhog that used to be here (the first one we saw here) got to be about twice the size of this one. Used to be able to walk up within 5 or 6 feet of her. She wouldn't even want to come out into the open unless we were outside. That was quite a treat!

OP
OP
kcm

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Chris, did you get my PM earlier?

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Beautiful shots, especially that gorgeous morning..

Think I fixed that filter issue you had:

Morning Fog in the Sunrise-2.jpg

OP
OP
kcm

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! Dizzy, that's BEAUTIFUL!! Thank you!! That's EXACTLY how it looked!! :occasion14:

Serenade - Copy.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread