A Few Small Silver Cups and a Small Gold Watch.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Few small finds from the past couple weeks. This was all at an estate/moving sale. Three sterling child's cups. The 2 smallest are Webster but they are dented. The other cup is much thicker/heavier Mexican sterling marked LYS. Total weight of the 3 cups is 98 grams, the Mexican one weighs 56 alone.
Also shown is a small Webster sterling bud vase that is weighted on the bottom. I paid $20 for the lot.

IMG_3448 (1280x1256).jpg

The little pendant watch is by Crown Watch Co. It had that black corded band on it. It has gold filled closures on it. I bought it non working because I thought it looked like a gold case. Popped off the back at home and saw 14k so I wasn't disappointed. I was wondering if anyone would know how to remove the watch from the case? I want to get an accurate weight measurement for it. The back cover weighs 1.6 grams.

IMG_3449 (1234x1280).jpg IMG_3465 (1280x623).jpg

I'm not sure about the little pen knife either. I bought it because of previous posts I've read here over the years about the little attachments on some of these being gold. Besides the M being one of my initials. I haven't acid tested it yet. It has a red ruby colored stone in a 4 prong setting and ebony accented inlays on it. The M itself appears a slightly different shade of gold than the rest of the knife also. The knife itself is marked VOOS stainless. No other markings.
Also shown is a Ben Franklin half dollar cut out Liberty Bell pendant. I now have the half dollar, a Merc Dime, a Buffalo Nickel and a silver German 5 Reichsmarks, all cut out coins.

IMG_3467 (1280x973).jpg

Last but not least is this tapestry bell pull, $2 at a yard sale.

IMG_3471 (1280x994).jpg

I bought a boxed lot of dark blue Wedgwood Jasperware also. I have to do a little research on it first though.

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the pocket watch

GregK

Jan 10, 2008
Voos? That's Emil Voos of Solingen. Very prolific blade maker during the III Reich.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
that bell cutout is really cool also the watch.
brad

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you loosen this tiny screw I've circled and then you can pull the crown and stem out. Then unscrew the half head screw that holds the moment in the case. You should have a few grams of 14k gold there in that watch. I'd say you had a good hunt :thumbsup:

Attachments

• DIGS watch.jpg
    DIGS watch.jpg
    391.1 KB · Views: 89

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you loosen this tiny screw I've circled and then you can pull the crown and stem out. Then unscrew the half head screw that holds the moment in the case. You should have a few grams of 14k gold there in that watch. I'd say you had a good hunt :thumbsup:

Tam is right except you will have to remove the front bezel. You unscrew the two screws from the back pushing it through the front. A lot of pocket watches you have to extend out the crown to the set position to remove the watch movement.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold that Bell pull for $59.99 BIN in a few days time. Didn't list anything else.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love the pocket watch! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread