A few snakes from Tennessee when I lived there.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 108
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    280.9 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Snake Farm, sounds real nasty, Snake Farm, it pretty much is". (Thanks Ray Wiley) Nice copperhead pic.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Throw those out to the Hawk. I watched a Hawk once swoop down and snag a Bull Snake out in the open space once. It sat there tearing it to shreds and gobbled it down bit by bit. Every now and then I'll see a Hawk flying with a snake in it's talons.

Last edited:
OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Throw those out to the Hawk. I watched a Hawk once swoop down and snag a Bull Snake out in the open space once. It sat there tearing it to shreds and gobbled it down bit by bit.

Did you ever see NatGeo about Honey Badgers...want to talk about snake catchers.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you ever see NatGeo about Honey Badgers...want to talk about snake catchers.
I had a female Vizsla dog when I first move here and the field out back was undeveloped and open. She'd come on to these big Bull Snakes and circle them and smack them over and over on the head with her front paw, until the snake was dizzy and then grab the snake in her mouth and shake the crap out of it. She just felt compelled to kill all snakes. She was a great dog. The picture isn't her, but this one looked like she did.

Attachments

• vizsla.jpg
    vizsla.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 93

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Throw those out to the Hawk. I watched a Hawk once swoop down and snag a Bull Snake out in the open space once. It sat there tearing it to shreds and gobbled it down bit by bit. Every now and then I'll see a Hawk flying with a snake in it's talons.

I just saw a video the other day where a guy released a hawk from a death grip a bull snake had on him. At first he thought the hawk was dead, but after a minute it flew away. Bull Snake looked pissed.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just saw a video the other day where a guy released a hawk from a death grip a bull snake had on him. At first he thought the hawk was dead, but after a minute it flew away. Bull Snake looked pissed.
A Bull Snake can get pretty good sized. I've seen them in the back yard maybe 3-1/2 feet long. These days I see less and less and I think it may be due to the Prairie Dog town now out back that wasn't there 20 years ago and it was all tall rye grass back then. They keep the ground stripped of grass and the Bull Snakes get caught out in the open by the watchful eyes of the Hawks. The Owls around here eat up all the snakes they can find also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread