A few things from the last few weeks or maybe ive gone cuckoo?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few things from the last few weeks or maybe i've gone cuckoo?

It's funny, it seems like i'll find something one week then all of a sudden the next week i'll find another one of the same thing or pretty close to it. It happens all the time. This time it was cuckoo clocks. I found one several weeks ago at an estate sale that I may have mentioned before (or not?), anyway the week before last I found 2 more at another sale. All 3 are German and range in resale value from $150 down to around $50 for the smallest one. They all work.

A couple more things were these cool chalkware drama masks from the Universal Statuary Co. dated 1953.

A Fenton Topaz (vaseline) opalescent 7" ruffled "ringed" bowl circa 1929.

A couple of NASA endorsed desktop models, the Space Shuttle Endeavor and the Lunar landing module.

Last but not least is a 32 degree Masonic watch fob which turns out the fob is 10k even though it's not marked, here's a thread w/pics I started about it not being marked- http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/general-discussion/295930-question-about-gold-marks.html

Here's pics of the rest of the stuff, I don't know if they will show up in order, haven't figured that out yet-

Attachments

• 100_6669.jpg
    100_6669.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 116
  • 100_6670.jpg
    100_6670.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 100_6671.jpg
    100_6671.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 111
  • masks.jpg
    masks.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 112
  • fenton #100.jpg
    fenton #100.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 115
  • 100_6673.jpg
    100_6673.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 101

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
More great finds ! I especialy like teh Nasa stpace ships. How do you know if a Coo Coo is the real thing ? I've seen a few but was not sure about them.

Thanks Dig!

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pull the back off and look at the works, they are marked. Alot of times the casing itself is marked Germany. Two of these are Hubert Herr and one is E. Schmeckenbecher. They aren't antique but they are collectible/sellable. Make sure they work too, alot of times the bellows will disintergrate over time or the pine cones (weights) may be missing. They can be replaced but I don't like to have to sink money into something I buy in order to sell it, unless it's a really high dollar item.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the old Fenton bowl. What did you get it for?
My favorite price- $1.00 around the corner from my house on the way home 3 weeks ago.

I found a large 24" colonial blue hobnail swung vase too (bought with a box lot of other stuff bundled together) last week. And the best for last was this cool copper eagle weather vane or most if it anyway. It's 22" high by 21" wide, mounted on a cast iron base, the beak is a little bent but I don't care. I got it 2 days ago by answering an ad on craigslist about a yardsale where they had some slot machines that I went to look at but they ended up being repros, the eagle was sitting on top of a freezer in the utility room all covered with dust.

100_6677.jpg 100_6679.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread