Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
the trash field was overwhelming today, even the clad was light, only $1.23 but the rusty iron and other trash was very heavy. I was pretty disappointed as I emptied the weighed down pouch into the dumpster, I had hoped that this old house would give up another treasure. I had found the 1880's conductor button, the old dog tag and a couple other nice things there. with the constant rain for 2 1/2 days, I just knew that there had to be something else there. As I slowly wiped the mud/dirt off the small thick flat object, I could make out numerous lines and possibly writings so now I became curious. it is brass, hinged, with a flower on the front, says Lady Esther and Chicago with writing on the back. After looking it up, I found that it was made in 1939 in Chicago (also in Toronto) and was a rouge compact. it is really thin and fragile, down right cool as well as a day saver. thanks for looking... Jerry View attachment 1054113 View attachment 1054114 View attachment 1054116 View attachment 1054112

Upvote 5

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting finds, at least your out doing what you enjoy.:thumbsup:

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting compact. Every time I find something like that I have the unreasonable belief that there may be coins in it.... :laughing7:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looter..this spring I ran across a part of an old yard that gave up a lot of good, old items..and for some reason there were quite a few make-up related items, a brass lipstick tube and a couiple of compacts..such as yours. The more interesting of the two is brass and opened after a little wrangling, revealing the crystallized rouge and the still intact mirror. Most interesting was that it is ARMANI..some web searching has not revealed any info about it but I am still looking. Cool stuff! thx for sharing...ddf

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Jerry sounds like you had fun and got a work out too ! Yeah I found one a few hunts ago it was divided, found it in two different digs . Didn't post it yet, heres mine.

Palmer Garden Glo.jpg

bootybandit

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2014
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21,
Tecnetics Omega 8000,
T-Rex 9.5"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Definitely better than nothing!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
love the pic, coinandrelicman and thanks for the comments all. Part of the surprise of finding it where I found it was the fact that for around here back then, make up was heavily frowned upon until later and even then it was something that the city women were most likely to wear. My grandfather always called it "War paint", he also embarrassed me a lot back then. I just think that history is so cool.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions