Detector(s) used
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
"Evidently being a corrupt scientist is not a disqualifying event at the Sierra Fund" : Reclaiming the Sierra » Committees

You got to hand it to them, they sure know how to invite the who's who of what they intend to do. Everyone gets in on the "action", except those who do it for free.

Well how many miners can we get to go on this good ship lollipop, to see how many real questions they can answer. Sounds like a good chance to put egg on their face.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As always just follow the Benjamins back to the source-ban it and cash in on the ban sic sic sic.....:skullflag: John

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ironic how their recognition titles for donators are named after minerals and metals:BangHead:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
The Sierra Fund: The finest science that money can buy!

Not only is it conflict of interest, but it's BLATANT conflict of interest!!!!

When are their supporters going to wake up and smell the coffee? :coffee2: By using the tactics that they have been using for so long now, all its doing is making their supporters and members look bad. :dontknow: When it all comes into the light, they're going to have so much egg on their collective faces that it's never going to come off. If they had been playing fair from the start, they could save a lot of face and between them and us miners we could have had a heck of a lot more of the clean up done already. :BangHead: Their "logic" is nothing more than greed and a hunger for those tax payer dollars.......

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Just looked over that list a lot closer and noticed something. That being all of the politico types on it. Since they're paid by the public, shouldn't we demand that they opt out of these committees for a PRIVATE Organization? We pay them to run things for everyone, NOT for some private club. For those that do not hold an elected office, I'd love to see the payroll records.

OP
OP
M

minerrick

Feb 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, no Golden Irishman.... the SF is a non-profit; from wikipedia: A nonprofit organization (NPO) is an organization that uses surplus revenues to achieve its goals rather than distributing them as profit or dividends.[1][2]

Although nonprofit organizations are permitted to generate surplus revenues, they must be retained by the organization for its self-preservation, expansion, or plans.[3] NPOs have controlling members or a board of directors. Many have paid staff including management, whereas others employ unpaid volunteers and even executives who work with or without compensation (occasionally nominal).[4] Where there is a token fee, in general, it is used to meet legal requirements for establishing a contract between the executive and the organization.

Designation as a nonprofit does not mean that the organization does not intend to make a profit, but rather that the organization has no owners and that the funds realized in the operation of the organization will not be used to benefit any owners. The extent to which an NPO can generate surplus revenues may be constrained or use of surplus revenues may be restricted.

So, in effect Izzy's $80K salary will not be used to benefit her, after all she is doing all this for the good of the Sierra. I also read (somewhere) that NP's cannot influence legislation, and as we now, that line has been crossed a few times too.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL! A FEW TIMES? I worked with a non-profit educational group for over 20 years. I was a board member for some of that time and I was never paid a dime for my efforts on behalf of the group. None of our people were paid. All profits were either used to expand/support the group or were donated to charity. To my mind this is how a TRUE non profit should operate. Maybe we were just too honest?!?!?

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They can't stop the public from attending their "green" mining shindig- against the law.

You folks that live in Nevada County and/or the Yuba/Bear river watershed should start attending the Monthly Nevada Irrigation District meetings. Start voicing your opinion. Get your concerns documented, everything said is kept as a permanent public record. Starting to hear NID may not be as enchanted with the deal as they once were.

OP
OP
M

minerrick

Feb 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess is NID had an issue with a reservoir that was silting up and TSF showed up and suggested that they could get taxpayer funding to do the clean up of the reservoir. Why wouldn't NID be interested in the cost of that being shared by ALL THE TAXPAYERS? TSF figured it would be the beginning of their gravy train and I am sure that was the genesis of their plan to destroy the small scale miner. I am pretty sure NID is re-thinking their involvement with TSF. I'd suggest miners in Nevada Co and Placer Co send letters to NID with a copy of the latest WMA newsletter, demonstrating the the intent of TSF's lead scientist. My guess is their relationship may begin to get "icky".

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
No, no Golden Irishman.... the SF is a non-profit; from wikipedia: A nonprofit organization (NPO) is an organization that uses surplus revenues to achieve its goals rather than distributing them as profit or dividends.[1][2]

Although nonprofit organizations are permitted to generate surplus revenues, they must be retained by the organization for its self-preservation, expansion, or plans.[3] NPOs have controlling members or a board of directors. Many have paid staff including management, whereas others employ unpaid volunteers and even executives who work with or without compensation (occasionally nominal).[4] Where there is a token fee, in general, it is used to meet legal requirements for establishing a contract between the executive and the organization.

Designation as a nonprofit does not mean that the organization does not intend to make a profit, but rather that the organization has no owners and that the funds realized in the operation of the organization will not be used to benefit any owners. The extent to which an NPO can generate surplus revenues may be constrained or use of surplus revenues may be restricted.

So, in effect Izzy's $80K salary will not be used to benefit her, after all she is doing all this for the good of the Sierra. I also read (somewhere) that NP's cannot influence legislation, and as we now, that line has been crossed a few times too.

minerrick, if it is true that non-profit organizations cannot influence legislation, maybe a lawsuit can be filed against TSF and other green groups that would cause them to lose their NP status. Clearly they are directly involved with having influence in getting laws and regulations passed. Wouldn't that be a kick in the A#%@&*SS wallet. Think of all the taxes they would have to pay!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh MY! Another side effect of that would be fewer donations too! If people can't write it off of their taxes, they'd have to be pretty hard core believers in the green cause to keep giving if they can't write it off. :laughing7:

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This would be a touch and go situation. Some laws and regulations regarding NPO's.

Center for Nonprofits - Non-Profits CAN Lobby

A better route might be the benefit side of it. Current laws state that a party must be able to prove "injury" i.e., they were adversely affected by a decision, to have standing for a lawsuit. Now if that injury is rectified by the suit, would that not qualify as a "benefit" as the "injury" has been rectified?

One for the lawyers if you ask me. Way above my pay grade.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to manage a number of non profits but when the state of calif came up with this insideous law I gave up ALL positions on all boards,presidencies and any other board offices. As a managing board member you are now JOINTLY AND SEVERLY liable for all the actions of the organization you manage. So some idjet goes out and does something stupid as a member YOUR PERSONAL ASSETS can and will be held as payment for any liabilities of the body. In other words I busted my butt all my life working and now the courts can/will execute a judgement aginst YOU personally-adios responsibilities as I have NEVER ever taken a single red cent for gas,hotels,planes,supplies in over 35 years of management as all given freely. NOT the case with NP miners rights groups now for many years, hense the deliberate extending of the fights to fill their pockets and coffers with your cash. sic sic sic .....GO WMA & WALKER TODAY AS THE END A TIMES IS INDEED HERE FOR DREDGING-John

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Rick it is my recollection that the Sierra Fund sued NID for dredging the silt out of Combie, and after it was halted, the scheme of dredging the lake with a electric cutter head dredge under the guise of mercury remediation. Of course they get payed millions, sell the any gold and the aggragate that they remove. Sweet scheme huh.

My guess is NID had an issue with a reservoir that was silting up and TSF showed up and suggested that they could get taxpayer funding to do the clean up of the reservoir. Why wouldn't NID be interested in the cost of that being shared by ALL THE TAXPAYERS? TSF figured it would be the beginning of their gravy train and I am sure that was the genesis of their plan to destroy the small scale miner. I am pretty sure NID is re-thinking their involvement with TSF. I'd suggest miners in Nevada Co and Placer Co send letters to NID with a copy of the latest WMA newsletter, demonstrating the the intent of TSF's lead scientist. My guess is their relationship may begin to get "icky".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions