A First CW Era Spur. Merc Hit By A Train. Plus A Bunch More.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hello everyone,

Been a very busy yr here for me with the new baby. Been working alot and hunting very little. I'm still around though on a daily basis. I now like to just sit back watch and read what others are finding. Posting for me will come in spurts due to time.

I haven't had very much luck these past 6 weeks. We have been to alot of great looking sites. They have only given up minimal of finds. Enough to peak our ineterest and keep us looking for the next better site.

I will have to say also I've been spending alot of time hunting with a buddy of mine who moved to FL. He is going to be here for the next 120 days getting his military disability ect. He can't hunt the areas me and Lance hunt due to vast injuries over his life.

We need decent terrain for him to hunt. I've realized that most of the time the best finds are in the toughest areas to get to. More old timers in the hobby than younge guys like us. But we've shared a few good moments while out adventuring.

I found probably a five gallon bucket of relics not show. Plus alot of clad has been picked up also. This is my favorite season. I'm gonna have some time off here from work. So I hope to score a few more bigger finds before the end of the yr.

I still passed the 50 silver mark this yr for not hunting alot. I usually avg about a 100 pieces per season. But I have had half the time now.

Sorry to ramble. Maybe I should get to the items show. The best find I thought was the Spur. It was a real surprize. It came from what I think to be a old foundation site. There was a old stone wall and such present. Need to go back and hunt it again. It was still ghrown in.

Coins wise alot of wheats as you can see. Got a few silver rings. Got a really nice tie clasp I think marked sterling. It is old and still opens and closes perfectlly. Got a shield nickle 1870 I think. One indian and a v-nickle.

Also The merc that was run over by a train. Damn I thought I had my first Spanish piece of silver. It will come at some point. Getting tougher to find areas that old undisturbed.

As you can see I don't even have all the items cleaned up for posting. I always have my items cleaned before showing. I haven't even had alot of time to clean my finds. I'm lucky I get to hunt anymore. It's 1:30 a.m and I'm posting this.

Feal free to shoot me any questions you have. Anyone else know the exact date on the spur. I'm thinking like around 1885.

Thanks alot everyone,

HH Jer

Attachments

• CW Era Spur 006.jpg
    CW Era Spur 006.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 984
  • CW Era Spur 001.jpg
    CW Era Spur 001.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 992
  • CW Era Spur 007.jpg
    CW Era Spur 007.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,001
Upvote 0
OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks alot guys.

The site of the chimney was beautiful. You could just picture this old large log cabin attached to it yrs ago. I need permission for the site.

My baby is now almost 7 months old gypsy. Time goes fast. I need to send a few pics along of him. My other boys like to go out. I got my 6 yr old a ace 250. He is still learning.

Take care everyone,

HH Jer

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding digs. I can't come close to that. A friend had a nice CW spur in his display case and it was always my favorite. Cool stuff.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Geeze jer....I knew you had a new baby a few months back....I just figured you had another one...which accounted for you being busy and tired ;)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry about the late reply Jer....System has been down for a few day's.Still shaking my head though...just an awesome site and some great find's.It's a toss up between the spur or the spur!!! Very Nice....HH!!

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Lord I would of thought I died and gone to heaven with finds like those. A BIG congrats. HH
Burdie

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks alot guys.

It feals good to be back and hearing from you all. I now have 3 sons. Aged 6, 4 and 7 months. With school in and I work nights my detecting time came to a abrubt hult these past 7 mnoths. I get out every weekend just about but not for alot of hrs.

2 or 3 hrs and I better get back before the wife gets irritable. The spur guys was a really cool surprize. I liked it as soon as I knew what it was. I'm pulling this thing out of these roots nearly bending it up and not realizing it's a good old relic.

I don't know the exact date on the spur. No markings at all. I matched it with others I saw. I'd guestimate about 1885. It was bent the same way as alot that I seen from that era. I found a indian a seated dime and a old canadian silver from the 1880's there also.

Plus this is the site I pulled the diamond ring from last yr that was worth 2300 dollars. There is still hits at the site. It needs hunted again.

Thanks again everyone,

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread