Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry no pics yet, it is soaking in lemon juice. This thing threw me for a loop, never found or held a shield nickle before. It rang up as a solid 12 and was only a couple of inches deep. It was thin and toasted but I knew that it wasn't a Jeff or a Buff. But the back side almost looked like a memorial except that the "bars" were not centered and taller by far. Basically, those were the only things that I can see at this point so it is soaking to see if anything else can be seen. While this may be old hat for many, this is pretty awesome for me to have even found one. My only V nickle was super toasted too but at least the head was obvious. So the old permission produced once again. I was actually out testing a counter balance that I had made for the Nox and was not expecting to find anything like this. also found a couple of wheats and some clad. will try to post a pic in a couple of days

Upvote 6

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bucket Lister!!! Congrats!!! Pics?

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
WTG on the Shiield dirtlooter! I hope to find one of those someday. All of mine have come from Ebay.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!! A Shield Nickle is on many bucket lists. (mine).Hope that one comes out the bath looking good for the pics. Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread