A "FIRST" FOR ME, W/PIX..rileyboy

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Too hot today to smoke my cigar on the deck or go to the Doggie Park, so I took my dog "Riley" for a ride so he could get out and I could enjoy my cigar in the air conditioning of my SUV. Stopped at a few banks and didn't find anything, but kept going for a little while and finally came across a "FIRST" for me. The teller didn't have any halves, but I always ask if they have any "large dollars". Low and behold she pulled out three. Two were clad Ike's" but the third was a 1991 Silver Eagle. She said a store had brought them in with a deposit. I've gotten some Morgans and Peace Dollars from trays, but never a Silver Eagle. It's out there! Just keep hunting. Enjoy the pix. All the best to everyone.
rileyboy and "Riley"
(Rich, R.I.P.)

Attachments

• IMG_2117.JPG
    IMG_2117.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_2119.JPG
    IMG_2119.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 0

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Well that is a cool find. Pretty rare in the wild. Good find!:headbang:

Maine_Jim

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
It definetly pays to ask for the big dollars, I always ask but seldom do any of the banks have any, nice score there Rileyboy! Maverick.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice. Looks like august is good for everyone! And I thought July was good!

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That beyond baffles me... How in the world could both the depositor and teller not realize that a coin that says right in plain sight "one ounce pure silver" is worth more than a dollar. I mean really?! Does anyone have any idea that silver is actually worth more than a dollar? It was worth more than a dollar back when they were making coins out of silver! Ugh! This angers me! I mean it is more than great for you, I would flip out if I got a coin like that at the bank, for a dollar no less... But I mean really! Is america really that stupid? Sure it's one thing if a teller doesn't know about a 40% half, or another 90% coin, or even a morgan dollar being silver... But this one says it... Just my little rant lol, don't mind me

Because not everybody is as educated as some on this forum are. The coin is marked as $1.00 us currency it just happens that it is made out of 1 troy ounce of silver. There is nothing hard
to understand about that, some people just are not in the know.

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FreedomUIC said:
Because not everybody is as educated as some on this forum are. The coin is marked as $1.00 us currency it just happens that it is made out of 1 troy ounce of silver. There is nothing hard
to understand about that, some people just are not in the know.

Ya I know that but still it's beyond me how it got by two people without a second thought. I mean this one there's no guessing if it's silver or not, no edge checking, no sound checking, it's right there on the back screaming "hey I'm silver" lol

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya I know that but still it's beyond me how it got by two people without a second thought. I mean this one there's no guessing if it's silver or not, no edge checking, no sound checking, it's right there on the back screaming "hey I'm silver" lol

95% of america could careless what AG or AU are, you are lucky that you do know what to look for and I am pretty sure that you can thank this forum for that.

Rileyboy - - GREAT SCORE MY FRIEND, give that dog a bone from Freedom. :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread